Author Topic: The NYT's Strange Insistence That Bruce Ohr Is a Big Nobody  (Read 514 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The NYT's Strange Insistence That Bruce Ohr Is a Big Nobody
« on: August 20, 2018, 07:59:57 pm »
The NYT's Strange Insistence That Bruce Ohr Is a Big Nobody

Eric Felten
    11 Min Read

Moncada

August 20, 2018 at 9:43 AM
He was actually associate deputy attorney general until recently.

Since late 2017, Justice Department official Bruce Ohr has emerged as a central character in the Trump dossier saga, including the contested way the dossier’s allegations were presented to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. He has been an object of the president’s ire, of late, and so August 17 a trio of New York Times reporters, Michael Shear, Katie Benner, and Nicholas Fandos, came to the DoJ man’s defense with an article titled “ Embracing Conspiracy Theory, Trump Escalates Attack on Bruce Ohr.” To hear them tell it, Ohr is an innocent bystander. It’s an effort at elision so strained it makes one hope the Times writers didn’t hurt themselves.

“President Trump threatened on Friday to quickly revoke the security clearance of Bruce Ohr, a little-known Justice Department official” the Times reports, describing Ohr as “a midlevel government worker.” Katie Benner had written a solo-bylined story two days before titled “ Little-Known Justice Dept. Official Makes Trump’s Security Clearance List.” Just in case anyone missed the drift, the first graph of Benner’s August 15 article describes Ohr as “a little-known career Justice Department official.” Two days later, Shear, Benner and Fandos wrote that in targeting Ohr, Trump “reached deep into the bureaucracy.”

more
https://www.weeklystandard.com/eric-felten/bruce-ohr-security-clearance-why-does-the-nyt-consider-the-once-senior-official-a-midlevel-government-worker
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The NYT's Strange Insistence That Bruce Ohr Is a Big Nobody
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 08:36:05 pm »
I must be an exceptional news junkie, because I've been familiar with the name ''Ohr"  for about as long as I've known the name "Strozk."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: