Author Topic: Trump trillion-dollar-plus deficits are putting America on a path to fiscal ruin  (Read 13334 times)

Online Hoodat

Sad thing is Bernie is to the right of Trump on trade.

Bernie is to the right of Trump on property rights too.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Nope.  Bush's last budget was $400 billion.  But the Democrat Congress only funded it from Oct 2008 to Feb 2009.  At which point they then passed a bill funding the remaining seven months (which President Obama signed), and at the end of the fiscal year, the massive deficit from those final seven months was attributed to Bush.
The bank bailouts alone were $700 billion.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Night Hides Not

Wasn't that done "off-budget"? Hank Paulson deserves a special place in hell for that plan.

Our current Treasury Secretary Mnuchin made his fortune from a sweetheart deal on IndyMac.

OTOH, the bank bailout provided me, and about 1000 other professionals, with nearly five full years employment working for the FDIC. The Dallas office was in charge of the 500+ banks that were closed from 2008-2013.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Wasn't that done "off-budget"? Hank Paulson deserves a special place in hell for that plan.

Our current Treasury Secretary Mnuchin made his fortune from a sweetheart deal on IndyMac.

OTOH, the bank bailout provided me, and about 1000 other professionals, with nearly five full years employment working for the FDIC. The Dallas office was in charge of the 500+ banks that were closed from 2008-2013.

Off topic for a second...speaking of the FDIC...I remember when their largest office in Texas was in Midland because of all the bank failures out there related to the 1983 oil bust.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Night Hides Not

Off topic for a second...speaking of the FDIC...I remember when their largest office in Texas was in Midland because of all the bank failures out there related to the 1983 oil bust.

I think that was the Resolution Trust Corp (RTC), but I'm sure they had input with the FDIC. Many of the people I worked with were veterans from the RTC.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Where was USA Today during the Obama years? 

@Night Hides Not

Doing the same thing they are doing now,following their masters orders.

Seems like even some of you fail to understand that with only a half-term in office,Trump is STILL dealing with the effects of the Dim budget under Obomber.

But go ahead and keep blaming Trump for what the Dims did if it makes you feel smarter.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Night Hides Not

@Night Hides Not

Seems like even some of you fail to understand that with only a half-term in office,Trump is STILL dealing with the effects of the Dim budget under Obomber.

But go ahead and keep blaming Trump for what the Dims did if it makes you feel smarter.

OTOH, Trump is getting all of the credit for our booming economy, which was in a mild upswing when he took office. As we all know, Presidents get too much credit, or blame, with our economy.

The only cuts we've seen in the budget are the $200 million to the Palestinian authority. Spending has exploded under Trump, to the tune of a trillion dollar deficit this year.

More blame should be laid at the feet of Ryan and the Turtle, but Trump is the POTUS, and has tools at his disposal, if he wants to use them.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

OTOH, Trump is getting all of the credit for our booming economy, which was in a mild upswing when he took office. As we all know, Presidents get too much credit, or blame, with our economy.

The only cuts we've seen in the budget are the $200 million to the Palestinian authority. Spending has exploded under Trump, to the tune of a trillion dollar deficit this year.

More blame should be laid at the feet of Ryan and the Turtle, but Trump is the POTUS, and has tools at his disposal, if he wants to use them.

NO doubt about it.  It's his budget if he signs it. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I think that was the Resolution Trust Corp (RTC), but I'm sure they had input with the FDIC. Many of the people I worked with were veterans from the RTC.
@txradioguy Something like that happened in Denver, too. Silverado Savings and Loan....Neil Bush

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1991/05/30/Neil-Bush-others-settle-Silverado-lawsuit-for-495-million/2631675576000/
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 08:16:10 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

@Night Hides Not

It usually takes a term for the hangover from previous fiscal policy to be either fixed by the new administration's policy or made even worse. It is not uncommon that dems will take credit for the follow through of Republican policy, but rarer yet that they will fail to point the finger for the aftereffects of their failed policy at those who follow their administrations.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy Something like that happened in Denver, too. Silverado Savings and Loan....Neil Bush

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1991/05/30/Neil-Bush-others-settle-Silverado-lawsuit-for-495-million/2631675576000/

@Smokin Joe IIRC when that happened it caused a lot of revision of the FDIC laws.

@Night Hides Not not sure where it ranks now...but when the First National Bank in Midland was seized in 1983 it was the second largest bank failure in American history.

https://www.nytimes.com/1984/10/14/business/us-helps-texans-survive-death-of-bank.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

His formal name is Neil "I doan no nutting bout no bankin" Bush. IIRC,one of his current "responsibilities" (ROFLMAO) is running the Chinese-American Chamber of Commerce now that uncle Prescott Bush Jr has died. Of course his babysitters really run it. He's just the front guy that signs what they tell him to sign,and smiles for the cameras. Babs was the brains of that family,and the only "real man".

Offline LegalAmerican

LegalAmerican
Posts   26,648
 22 Aug 2018,

100 BILLION DOLLARS coming into America!  Past due payments from UN alone.  Business coming back to America.

Getting rid of ILLEGALS..another 300 BILLION A YEAR, expense to deal with them;  Medical, food, housing, welfare, SCHOOLS expense, and incarceration.  Then deportation expense. 

President TRUMP, is totally correct! 

Who would be  against prosperity, safety for Americans?    Who would be against that?   

400K,,,a year saved, as PRESIDENT TRUMP,,TAKES NO PAY for this job, yet he works 100 hours a week for  we the people.

Then all the lies, slander, 24/7,,,,,for two years.   No, he is NOT PERFECT,,,he is,,HUMAN. I like human, like the rest of us.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
LegalAmerican
Posts   26,648
 22 Aug 2018,

100 BILLION DOLLARS coming into America!  Past due payments from UN alone.  Business coming back to America.

Getting rid of ILLEGALS..another 300 BILLION A YEAR, expense to deal with them;  Medical, food, housing, welfare, SCHOOLS expense, and incarceration.  Then deportation expense. 

Who would be  against prosperity, safety for Americans?    Who would be against that?   

400K,,,a year saved, as PRESIDENT TRUMP,,TAKES NO PAY for this job, yet he works 100 hours a week for  we the people.

Then all the lies, slander, 24/7,,,,,for two years.   No, he is NOT PERFECT,,,he is,,HUMAN. I like human, like the rest of us.

@LegalAmerican

Tell it!

Online Hoodat

Only half that amount was paid out under Bush.  It was paid back in full with interest.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Exactly how many illegals did we get deported last year for that $300 billion?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Exactly how many illegals did we get deported last year for that $300 billion?

...hmm $300 billion would make a really nice wall!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Only half that amount was paid out under Bush.  It was paid back in full with interest.

@Hoodat

I don't doubt for a minute that you believe that to be true,but  was your source a reliable one?

The only reason I say this is I was thinking the pols and the bankers would be shouting that news from the rooftops,and I don't remember hearing about it.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe IIRC when that happened it caused a lot of revision of the FDIC laws.

@Night Hides Not not sure where it ranks now...but when the First National Bank in Midland was seized in 1983 it was the second largest bank failure in American history.

https://www.nytimes.com/1984/10/14/business/us-helps-texans-survive-death-of-bank.html
Denver was (and generally remains) one of the foci of the oil industry in the Rocky Mountains and Williston Basin. Most companies operating in the Rockies have an office there, even if their main headquarters is in TX or OK.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Denver was (and generally remains) one of the foci of the oil industry in the Rocky Mountains and Williston Basin. Most companies operating in the Rockies have an office there, even if their main headquarters is in TX or OK.

@Smoking Joe

That is most likely because of all the government agencies with headquarters in Denver. The only place in America with more federal agencies is Washington,DC.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
LegalAmerican
Posts   26,648
 22 Aug 2018,

That's kinda funny you're cutting and pasting one of your rants from another forum.

You forgot to remove your post count.  :whistle:

The wall was already supposed to be built.  Mexico was gonna pay for it.

How's that working out so far?

As for business coming back...last I looked they are leaving because of the President's misguided and ill advised tariff war he's trying to start with every nation in the world.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's kinda funny you're cutting and pasting one of your rants from another forum.

@txradioguy

Works out just fine for you because you get to whine and bitch and still pretend Cruz would have been better because he knows how to "get along by going along" with the Dims.

Offline Night Hides Not

@txradioguy

Works out just fine for you because you get to whine and bitch and still pretend Cruz would have been better because he knows how to "get along by going along" with the Dims.

@sneakypete
@txradioguy

Pete, I have absolutely no recollection of txradioguy ever saying that about Cruz.

You're one of the most virulent Orange Brigadiers out there. You are unable to stay on topic and resort to incessant personal attacks, which is par for the course in Trumplandia.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
@txradioguy

Pete, I have absolutely no recollection of txradioguy ever saying that about Cruz.

You're one of the most virulent Orange Brigadiers out there. You are unable to stay on topic and resort to incessant personal attacks, which is par for the course in Trumplandia.

@Night Hides Not

Blah,blah,blah,says yet another alleged Republican attack monkey.

Offline Night Hides Not

As for business coming back...last I looked they are leaving because of the President's misguided and ill advised tariff war he's trying to start with every nation in the world.

@LegalAmerican

Trump's a good businessman. I can only applaud him for not taking a salary, but there's a catch: I've noticed where he spends many weekends at his resorts. Considering the security entourage being charged full freight, he's made that money back in spades.

Perfectly legal, just as Biden charged SS rent at his house. It just diminishes Trump's case for sainthood.