Author Topic: Trump trillion-dollar-plus deficits are putting America on a path to fiscal ruin  (Read 13236 times)

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

You are grossly mistaken...bordering on purposely lying about this.

Former Presidents do not have access to any aircraft in the 89th Airlift Wing (The unit that has the Presidential aircraft fleet) once they are out of office.

The ONLY way they get to ride AF 1 is if they are invited by the CURRENT President or the CURRENT President authorizes it's use as part of the funeral for a former President as was the case for President's For and Reagan.

You're full of bullsh*t if you stand by your stupid claim that Obama still gets to fly on AF 1 or any of the other planes in the Presidential fleet.

It just does not happen.

While I agree with you in general, and I think your "opponent" is now trying to twist their argument to meet the facts, I do believe there is one other exception -- they get to take one last flight "home" after the new POTUS is inaugurated.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
While I agree with you in general, and I think your "opponent" is now trying to twist their argument to meet the facts, I do believe there is one other exception -- they get to take one last flight "home" after the new POTUS is inaugurated.

You're absolutely right.  I forgot about about that one.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
The same could be said about the Obama Stimulus :P
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You're absolutely right.  I forgot about about that one.
It's a shame they landed before they got 'em off the plane.... 888mouth
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@LegalAmerican

Almost 3 hours after he ain’t the president, Obama still gets to fly on the taxpayer’s dime. Again, how can this be?

ALL former presidents  travel for free on government jets. So does Bubbette! The SS figures it's cheaper to just fly them in existing aircraft than it is to buy out all the seats in a commercial airliner so the president,his family,and the bodyguards can fly with them.

It's a matter of both logistics and money.

What Obomber WON'T have is access to "The Briefcase" with the codes to launch missiles
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline thackney

To the person, saying I am lying, Taxi,,,I guess, you don't get any news, nor have any memory? All you have to do is google.
----------------------------------------------------------
WTF? OBAMA STILL GETS TO USE AIR FORCE ONE AFTER TRUMP’S INAUGURATION

JANUARY 16, 2017| BY BRIAN ANDERSON

The only legacy Obama will leave behind on Friday when his presidential term is mercifully over, is one of wasting our money so he and his family can fly around the world on lavish vacations. That is supposed to be a thing of the past, but apparently the ***Obamas still get to use Air Force One ***even after Trump officially takes office.**** I wonder if he’s really moving out of the White House too or if Trump’s going to have to endure a lengthy eviction process, which of course will be considered racist.

Obama just got back from a vacation in Hawaii. The only thing he’s done since is try his best to de-legitimize his successor, which must be exhausting. On Sunday he said in a 60 Minutes interview that the first thing he’s going to do after leaving office is relax.

“I’m not setting my alarm. That I’m certain of. That I am absolutely positive of. I’m going to try to get some sleep,” said Obama of his post-White House plans.

If he relaxed any more, people might think he was dead. Michelle would have to put a mirror under his nose just to make sure he was still breathing. No seriously, he has been the laziest president we’ve ever witnessed. I don’t think it would be possible for him to have done less in his 8 years of golfing and appearing on talk shows.

In any case, TMZ has discovered where Obama is going to unwind after his two-term nap. Before you laugh at the source, consider that TMZ now has more journalistic integrity than most of the broadcast networks, CNN, and The New York Times.

President Obama and Michelle Obama will be leaving frigid Washington D.C. for sunny Palm Springs … TMZ has learned.

We’re told when the First Family leaves the Capitol after the inauguration, they’ll take a chopper (it will not be Marine One because he won’t be the active president when he boards) to Andrews Air Force Base.

Our sources say at 2:45 PM they will leave Andrews on Special Air Mission 29,000, the plane that will take them to Palm Springs.

***It’s the same plane that Obama used as president, but it won’t be called Air Force One.***

Okay, it goes by a different name now, but it’s still the** same plane Obama used as Air Force One.** It’s taking off from a US military facility and staffed by members of the US Military. How can this be?

The report says that Obama is leaving Andrews Air Force Base at 2:45pm on Friday, which is after Trump is sworn in as president. Not that Obama gives a shit, but the 20th Amendment of the Constitution says, “the terms of the President and the Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January.”

Almost 3 hours after he ain’t the president, Obama still gets to fly on the taxpayer’s dime. Again, how can this be?

Though we are still on the hook for Obama’s Secret Service detail and pension, we should be done with paying for his vacations. He’ll be a private citizens on Friday and he can pay his own air fare like the rest of do when we want to vacation.

Maybe this is one of those things like the US government gives the outgoing president a free ride out of town as a courtesy. The Obamas however have bought a house in Washington DC, just a few miles from the White House. I guess I’d be cool with giving him some money for the bus, but it’s outrageous that we’re gifting him six figures in air travel to go somewhere he doesn’t actually live.

Obama to take one last flight on Air Force One as ex-president
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/9/obama-to-take-1-last-flight-on-air-force-one-as-ex/

...Outgoing presidents traditionally are allowed one final flight on the famed blue-and-white aircraft. President George W. Bush used it to fly to Midland, Texas, with his wife and family just after Obama was inaugurated....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@thackney

Okay, it goes by a different name now, but it’s still the** same plane Obama used as Air Force One.** It’s taking off from a US military facility and staffed by members of the US Military. How can this be?

Simple. The aircraft is owned by the Government,and it is operated by and maintained by government employees that wear USAF uniforms. Furthermore,it is NOT a "command airship". Neither the pilots nor the crew can issue orders to anybody to do anydamnthing,

In short,it is just another freaking airplane. Bathhouse Barry and his family get to ride in it "for free" because it is a part of his retirement package and as a former president there is no way he,his family,and a secret service detail can fly commercial. He is not getting anything that wasn't/isn't also available to former presidents.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.