Author Topic: Ted Cruz - Madam's List?  (Read 19561 times)

Offline Slide Rule

Re: Ted Cruz - Madam's List?
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2018, 02:46:56 am »
With progressives early on the attack mode against Ted Cruz,
it is certain that Ted is scheduled for a future Supreme opening.
Probably Ruth's.

Ted would make a fine Supreme with or without a mistress.

It would also piss progressives off in an entirely new way.
Trump will announce it in a Tweet.

:)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 02:47:35 am by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2018, 02:48:58 am »
Pretty soon I hear, you'll have to change that to Tubman.

Nah. That would be racists. I'm just shooting for insulting.

Online libertybele

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2018, 02:59:20 am »
Eat sh__.  No telling how much of the 2016  slime job stuck with Cruz, and he is now having to deal with it.

DJT is among the most unethical P's OS every to grace the WH.  If we lose this seat, your group has a lot do with it.

??? I am a huge Cruz fan and supporter.  It is unfortunate, but he lost to Trump.  Trump hit him below the belt in the primaries and made a mockery out of the electoral process. Yes I was disgusted, but to continue to hold grudges and lay blame does the GOP absolutely no good.

That was then.  This is now.  The focus should be on helping Cruz not focusing on what could have been.  The DEMS are out raising him in TX.  Are they out raising him because Trump tarnished Cruz's image or because they've been trying to turn TX blue for awhile?? 

IMHO...both Cruz and Trump had/have similar agendas and together, the two of them are a powerhouse!  Cruz has asked Trump to help him and if he does so the GOP will prevail in TX.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2018, 03:03:41 am »
It's as it should be: Ted will work with any POTUS on issues that will benefit his constituents, and will oppose him/her on issues that negatively impact his constituents, all with an eye towards the Constitution.

Trump's support may be essential to Ted winning in November, given the current winds of politics. Why take the chance of alienating a large number of Texans who are ardent Trump supporters?

I agree. Let me add though, I have been more than pleasantly surprised by the policies that Trump has pursued and very disappointed that the Pub party has failed to follow through on the promises they made for more than 7 yrs.

I am a pragmatist in that Trump's style can be a big negative at times, but he is trying to do things that would be a big benefit to the USA and I support him in that. I did not vote for him in 2016, but I will if he runs in 2020.

@Night Hides Not
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 03:04:26 am by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2018, 03:09:26 am »
I agree. Let me add though, I have been more than pleasantly surprised by the policies that Trump has pursued and very disappointed that the Pub party has failed to follow through on the promises they made for more than 7 yrs.

I am a pragmatist in that Trump's style can be a big negative at times, but he is trying to do things that would be a big benefit to the USA and I support him in that. I did not vote for him in 2016, but I will if he runs in 2020.

@Night Hides Not

@bilo , I completely understand your stance. I haven't arrived at the same bridge you're on, but a lot will depend on who's running against him.

Living in Texas, I have more latitude than most when voting for POTUS. Texas will be a very safe state for the incumbent in 2020.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online libertybele

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2018, 03:10:16 am »
It's as it should be: Ted will work with any POTUS on issues that will benefit his constituents, and will oppose him/her on issues that negatively impact his constituents, all with an eye towards the Constitution.

Trump's support may be essential to Ted winning in November, given the current winds of politics. Why take the chance of alienating a large number of Texans who are ardent Trump supporters?

:beer:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2018, 03:13:38 am »
Good point @bilo   I thought about that while reading the list of disgruntled former candidates who can't get over the Trump hate.

Ted Cruz received more insults during the campaign than the rest of those guys put together and yet he's somehow been able to rise above it and support Trump when Trump is trying to do the right thing about something.

While those pathetic dudes are sitting around licking their wounds and plotting revenge.

It seems there are camps on both sides who just don't want to let 2016 go. I would have preferred Cruz, but it didn't happen. We need to recognize the battle isn't with Trump. He's our guy. On policy he's been pretty good and we are killing ourselves by not getting the policies enacted. We need real conservatives like Cruz and less of the mccains, corkers, flakes, kasichs and bushes.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2018, 03:17:34 am »
 :amen:
It seems there are camps on both sides who just don't want to let 2016 go. I would have preferred Cruz, but it didn't happen. We need to recognize the battle isn't with Trump. He's our guy. On policy he's been pretty good and we are killing ourselves by not getting the policies enacted. We need real conservatives like Cruz and less of the mccains, corkers, flakes, kasichs and bushes.
:amen:
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online libertybele

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2018, 03:21:28 am »

888high58888

Online roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2018, 03:21:49 am »

No. What can't be let go is the nefarious malfeasance and slander that put Tump where he is.The leopard does not change his spots, ergo, he sure as hell ain't 'our guy'.

That such ignominy was leveled at Cruz is now immaterial, or at least tangential - It is the ignoble act itself that cannot be laid to rest, as it is inherent in Tump himself. That cannot be changed and cannot be trusted ~ever~.

That guy is a lying POS, and to lay down with that is to embrace ends justifying means.

I will have none of it, and can predict that we will all rue the day.

Offline bilo

« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2018, 03:22:00 am »
@bilo , I completely understand your stance. I haven't arrived at the same bridge you're on, but a lot will depend on who's running against him.

Living in Texas, I have more latitude than most when voting for POTUS. Texas will be a very safe state for the incumbent in 2020.

I get it, sometimes it can be pretty hard to forgive. The redeeming thing with Trump is he was very clear on where he stood on issues and he has tried to do what he said he would do. The restructuring of trade with other nations could be historic. Unfortunately, legislatively he won't get much done. We just need to keep the Senate to get judges appointed.

Offline bilo

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2018, 03:36:01 am »
No. What can't be let go is the nefarious malfeasance and slander that put Tump where he is.The leopard does not change his spots, ergo, he sure as hell ain't 'our guy'.

That such ignominy was leveled at Cruz is now immaterial, or at least tangential - It is the ignoble act itself that cannot be laid to rest, as it is inherent in Tump himself. That cannot be changed and cannot be trusted ~ever~.

That guy is a lying POS, and to lay down with that is to embrace ends justifying means.

I will have none of it, and can predict that we will all rue the day.

You couldn't be more wrong in your "righteous indignation". Trump for all his flaws has done more to help imprisoned/persecuted Christians than all the "Born Again Christians" we've had in the WH. He's been a huge supporter of Israel. He's strengthened our military. He's appointed judges that conservatives and pro-life supporters have been pretty happy with. He's confronted NK and China and opened the oppoprtunity for real change with these two enemies. He's forced the EU to change some of their trade practices. He's confronted NATO on their freeloading and is resetting the relationship.

The defeats he's suffered have been largely on the legislative side where all the "holier than thou folks" can't keep any promises they've made. Yeah, Trump is a rough, street fighting, self promoting, SOB; but you know what, he at least tries to keep his promises. He has a genuine love for the USA. I don't think you can say the same for all the RINO's.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 03:37:23 am by bilo »

Online DB

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2018, 03:52:13 am »
You couldn't be more wrong in your "righteous indignation". Trump for all his flaws has done more to help imprisoned/persecuted Christians than all the "Born Again Christians" we've had in the WH. He's been a huge supporter of Israel. He's strengthened our military. He's appointed judges that conservatives and pro-life supporters have been pretty happy with. He's confronted NK and China and opened the oppoprtunity for real change with these two enemies. He's forced the EU to change some of their trade practices. He's confronted NATO on their freeloading and is resetting the relationship.

The defeats he's suffered have been largely on the legislative side where all the "holier than thou folks" can't keep any promises they've made. Yeah, Trump is a rough, street fighting, self promoting, SOB; but you know what, he at least tries to keep his promises. He has a genuine love for the USA. I don't think you can say the same for all the RINO's.

So the ends do justify the means.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2018, 03:52:56 am »
You couldn't be more wrong in your "righteous indignation".

I don't see much of any of that... I see a whole lotta hat and no damn cattle.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2018, 11:54:29 am »
Eat sh__.  No telling how much of the 2016  slime job stuck with Cruz, and he is now having to deal with it.

DJT is among the most unethical P's OS every to grace the WH.  If we lose this seat, your group has a lot do with it.

Oh, get some help @catfish1957   

If Cruz loses this seat, it is on Cruz.  Alone. 

If he's still bucking any headwinds from the bruising 2016 Presidential primaries ... they are headwinds of his own making.  He never should have chosen not to endorse the Republican candidate during a prime time address at the effing convention. People tend to remember such public crap.   Cruz, and Cruz alone immortalized his own stunt.  He made a very stupid political calculation that he's been trying to untie himself from for years.

I don't much give two craps about this bullshit other than Ted Cruz needs to hold his seat.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 11:58:01 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2018, 11:57:57 am »

If Cruz loses this seat, it is on Cruz.  Alone.  If he's still bucking any headwinds from the bruising 2016 Presidential primaries ... they are headwinds of his own making.  He never should have chosen not to endorse the Republican candidate during a prime time address.  People tend to remember stunts like this.  Cruz made a very bad political decision that he's been trying to untie himself from for years.

I don't much give two craps about this bullshit other than Ted Cruz needs to hold his seat.

@Right_in_Virginia

@catfish1957 is damn well right.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2018, 11:59:47 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

@catfish1957 is damn well right.

Whew.  I was afraid you were going to agree with me .... and I would have been forced to review my opinion.

Thanks for the confirmation that I'm right @roamer_1

Love ya!   :beer:

Silver Pines

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2018, 12:42:26 pm »
Yeah, Trump is a rough, street fighting, self promoting, SOB; but you know what, he at least tries to keep his promises.

@bilo

I wish that silly Trumptrope could be put to bed, but I know it won’t be.

Trump is the furthest thing from a rough “street fighter”.  Y’all act like you never heard of him before he rode down that escalator.  He’s a pampered Manhattan penthouse dweller who gets manicures and spray tans and has his hair colored.

Tweeting is not “street fighting.”

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2018, 12:58:43 pm »

If Cruz loses this seat, it is on Cruz.  Alone. 
 they are headwinds of his own making. 

So Trump running the sleaziest and nastiest POTUS campaign in US history had nothing to do with it?   You're the one that needs help.

Trump will always be pure garbage in my eyes.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2018, 01:30:50 pm »
So Trump running the sleaziest and nastiest POTUS campaign in US history had nothing to do with it?   You're the one that needs help.

@catfish1957

To people like RiV that's not dirty sleazy or nasty...it's getting even...the Gang of 8 here is all about getting revenge.  This is their revenge presidency.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2018, 01:36:32 pm »
What I remember reading back in 2016 was that a call was make from a phone at Senator Cruz's
office. Even if that is true that hardly means Cruz was the caller or that he ever met with one of the
working girls. So I call this story BS. And other then his wife who really cares? Not me.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2018, 01:39:09 pm »

Then it comes to running a nasty, sleazily campaign Cruz's 2016 campaign sets the gold standard.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2018, 02:14:36 pm »
Then it comes to running a nasty, sleazily campaign Cruz's 2016 campaign sets the gold standard.

For the four-hundredth time, not true. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2018, 02:15:27 pm »
For the four-hundredth time, not true.

@Sanguine if they repeat the lie often enough...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2018, 02:16:11 pm »
A difference of opinion? In politics? Both opinions coming from a shared ideological POV? Say it ain’t so....  wink777