Author Topic: Brennan says he's willing to go to court to prevent Trump from revoking additional clearances  (Read 1244 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Brennan says he's willing to go to court to prevent Trump from revoking additional clearances
By Brett Samuels - 08/19/18 11:04 AM EDT

Former CIA Director John Brennan said Sunday he's willing to consider legal action against the Trump administration to block the president from revoking other officials' security clearances.

Brennan said on NBC's "Meet the Press" that several lawyers have contacted him to discuss the possibility of filing a complaint against the White House after it revoked his security clearance last week.

"If my clearances and my reputation as I’m being pulled through the mud now, if that’s the price we’re going to pay to prevent Donald Trump from doing this against other people, to me it’s a small price to pay," Brennan said.

"I’m going to do whatever I can personally to try to prevent these abuses in the future and if it means going to court, I will do that," he added.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/402529-brennan-says-hes-willing-to-go-to-court-to-prevent-trump-from
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

We've reached the point where we need hip boots to wade through the  :bs:

Offline skeeter

Panetta: Trump may not have authority to revoke Brennan's security clearance

Through recent court decisions and pronouncements of various democrat officials we're finding out the president has no legal right to do anything.

Offline endicom

Through recent court decisions and pronouncements of various democrat officials we're finding out the president has no legal right to do anything.

This president.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Nothing of the sort.

No court has the right to restrict the Executive from defending this country, as per Constitution.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Does Brennan have residency in Hawaii?  There's a Judge there he can buy cheap.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Any president has the right to classify or declassify material and grant or deny access to it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Any president has the right to classify or declassify material and grant or deny access to it.

According Ralph Peters, people who think that way are "Couch Potato Anarchists"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Somebody needs to splain to this guy that the GOVERNMENT owns the right to award or withdraw security clearances. Nobody OWNS them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
According Ralph Peters, people who think that way are "Couch Potato Anarchists"

@The Ghost

Peters is a fool that somehow managed to obtain the rank of Colonel in the US Army. For those of you who don't know,that's middle-management.

Online DB

Just more evidence Brennen thinks he has special privileges and is the gate keeper in Washington and can do and say whatever he pleases without accountability.

He needs a good hard attitude adjustment.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 06:25:19 am by DB »

Offline thackney

Panetta: Trump may not have authority to revoke Brennan's security clearance

The article cites executive order 12968, an order signed by former President Clinton and updated by former President George W. Bush.  In that order, it states the following:

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/ic-legal-reference-book/executive-order-12968

(4) Access to classified information shall be terminated when an employee no longer has a need for access.

How would someone no longer employed with the US government have a need for classified information?  A desire, but not a need.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Just more evidence Brennen thinks he has special privileges and is the gate keeper in Washington and can do and say whatever he pleases without accountability.

He needs a good hard attitude adjustment.

@DB

Thinking that YOU own a security clearance instead of the government is arrogance on a massive scale.

The government grants them,and the government can take them away for any reason at all,or even no reason at all. I had a Top Secret Crypto clearance when I was discharged from the army,and when I took a contract job as a consultant with the Special Warfare School at Ft.Bragg back in the 90's,I had to apply for a security clearance all over again. This time I only got a Secret Clearance,which was really a step higher than I actually needed. A Confidential clearance would have been high enough,but I guess they decided to go with a Secret clearance in case I was accidentally exposed to or heard something requiring a Secret clearance to know.

I have no doubt it was pulled the day I quit working for them. Why wouldn't it be,when I no longer needed it because I would no longer be exposed to classified material or methods? The clearance belonged to the US Army and the NSA,NOT me. It was just a tool I needed temporarily to do the job they had hired me to do,and once I was no longer doing that job WTH would I still need the security clearance?

They let me drive military vehicles and carry military weapons while I was on that job,too,so does that mean I would get to keep the vehicles and weapons? Of course not!

What the HELL is wrong with these people? Have they had senior government positions for so long they actually think THEY are the government?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 02:10:10 pm by sneakypete »

Offline skeeter

@DB

Thinking that YOU own a security clearance instead of the government is arrogance on a massive scale.

The government grants them,and the government can take them away for any reason at all,or even no reason at all. I had a Top Secret Crypto clearance when I was discharged from the army,and when I took a contract job as a consultant with the Special Warfare School at Ft.Bragg back in the 90's,I had to apply for a security clearance all over again. This time I only got a Secret Clearance,which was really a step higher than I actually needed. A Confidential clearance would have been high enough,but I guess they decided to go with a Secret clearance in case I was accidentally exposed to or heard something requiring a Secret clearance to know.

I have no doubt it was pulled the day I quit working for them. Why wouldn't it be,when I no longer needed it because I would no longer be exposed to classified material or methods? The clearance belonged to the US Army and the NSA,NOT me. It was just a tool I needed temporarily to do the job they had hired me to do,and once I was no longer doing that job WTH would I still need the security clearance?

They let me drive military vehicles and carry military weapons while I was on that job,too,so does that mean I would get to keep the vehicles and weapons? Of course not!

What the HELL is wrong with these people? Have they had senior government positions for so long they actually think THEY are the government?

This could be a good thing. A trial of this sort garnering the attention the media undoubtedly will give it will do more to educate people on the government/K street/media scam than anything possibly could.

The image of Brennan kicking and screaming about having his lunch card revoked will be exhibit A.