Author Topic: Three scenarios for how leadership races could play out in the House  (Read 809 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Three scenarios for how leadership races could play out in the House
By Mike Lillis and Scott Wong - 08/19/18 06:00 AM EDT

No matter what happens to the House in November, there will be a knife fight in both parties for leadership positions.

Eleven weeks before the crucial midterm elections, all sides agree that Democrats are poised to make solid gains in the next Congress. Whether the shift takes the form of a blue wave or a smaller ripple, however, remains highly speculative.

The uncertainty is already prompting jockeying by ambitious lawmakers in both parties, even though they’re not sure whether they’ll be battling for the speakership.

Here are three scenarios for how it could all play out in both parties.

more
http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/402420-three-scenarios-for-how-leadership-races-could-play-out-in-the-house
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Three scenarios for how leadership races could play out in the House
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 04:57:35 pm »
Two other options that a fair-minded person would have mentioned: 4. The Republicans win by a small majority, 5. There is a red wave.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 03:44:58 am »
Two other options that a fair-minded person would have mentioned: 4. The Republicans win by a small majority, 5. There is a red wave.

You're awfully optimistic if you think a red wave is coming. lol

I think #4 is more likely, given the strength of the economy. However, it would not surprise me if the Dems win a small majority in the House, the Pubs add a couple of senators to their majority in the Senate.

That will leave Trump with an enormous number of Tweet targets for the next two years. Gridlock will rule the day, leaving the economy to chug along without interference from the federal government.

Trump will be renominated, he's done a great job of catering to his base.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 04:28:11 am »
[quote author=Night Hides Not I l d

I think #4 is more likely, given the strength of the economy. However, it would not surprise me if the Dems win a small majority in the House, the Pubs add a couple of senators to their majority in the Senate.

That will leave Trump with an enormous number of Tweet targets for the next two years. Gridlock will rule the day, leaving the economy to chug along without interference from the federal government.

[/quote]

You may have missed the point- It was a biased story and I just pointed out that there were other options that the writers left out.  Don't be so quick to assume that everyone else is wrong and needs your correction.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 04:31:35 am »
[quote author=Night Hides Not I l d

You may have missed the point- It was a biased story and I just pointed out that there were other options that the writers left out.  Don't be so quick to assume that everyone else is wrong and needs your correction.

My comments were simply that...I did not offer them as a correction. Apologies they were taken that way.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 12:58:25 pm »
My comments were simply that...I did not offer them as a correction. Apologies they were taken that way.

Then my apologies too.  We all seem a bit thin-skinned lately.  I wonder where that comes from?