Author Topic: White House counsel has spent 30 hours sharing details for Mueller probe: report  (Read 2266 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House counsel has spent 30 hours sharing details for Mueller probe: report
By Tal Axelrod - 08/18/18 02:26 PM EDT

Share to Google+

White House counsel Donald McGahn has been cooperating with special counsel Robert Mueller in his probe into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, according to an explosive New York Times report published Saturday.

McGahn has reportedly discussed accounts of multiple episodes at the center of Mueller's probe into whether President Trump obstructed justice. Sources told the Times that McGahn has had three voluntary interviews with Mueller's team totaling 30 hours.

Among the episodes McGahn reportedly discussed with investigators is Trump’s firing last year of former FBI Director James Comey and the president's repeated urging of Attorney General Jeff Sessions to claim oversight of the special counsel despite his recusal from Russia probes.

McGahn began cooperating with Mueller's team last year after Trump’s first round of personal lawyers decided to give investigators as much information as possible, believing the president had nothing to hide, the newspaper noted.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/402478-white-house-counsel-has-spent-30-hours-sharing-detailed-accounts-with
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This doesn't make sense to me.  Maybe I'm slow. 

Offline endicom

This doesn't make sense to me.  Maybe I'm slow.

Maybe you expect things to make sense.

AFAIK, Trump has been cooperating with Mueller all along. But Mueller wants him across a table where he can trip him up.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/18/us/politics/don-mcgahn-mueller-investigation.html

WASHINGTON — The White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, has cooperated extensively in the special counsel investigation, sharing detailed accounts about the episodes at the heart of the inquiry into whether President Trump obstructed justice, including some that investigators would not have learned of otherwise, according to a dozen current and former White House officials and others briefed on the matter.

In at least three voluntary interviews with investigators that totaled 30 hours over the past nine months, Mr. McGahn described the president’s fury toward the Russia investigation and the ways in which he urged Mr. McGahn to respond to it. He provided the investigators examining whether Mr. Trump obstructed justice a clear view of the president’s most intimate moments with his lawyer.

Among them were Mr. Trump’s comments and actions during the firing of the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, and Mr. Trump’s obsession with putting a loyalist in charge of the inquiry, including his repeated urging of Attorney General Jeff Sessions to claim oversight of it. Mr. McGahn was also centrally involved in Mr. Trump’s attempts to fire the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, which investigators might not have discovered without him.

more at link.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

The Failing New York Times wrote a story that made it seem like the White House Councel had TURNED on the President, when in fact it is just the opposite - & the two Fake reporters knew this. This is why the Fake News Media has become the Enemy of the People. So bad for America!

5:06 AM - 19 Aug 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1031150465759633408?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Once-Ler

Donald J. Trump

The Failing New York Times wrote a story that made it seem like the White House Councel had TURNED on the President, when in fact it is just the opposite - & the two Fake reporters knew this. This is why the Fake News Media has become the Enemy of the People. So bad for America!

5:06 AM - 19 Aug 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1031150465759633408?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 02:32:23 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Mr. Burck said that Mr. McGahn had been obliged to cooperate with the special counsel. “President Trump, through counsel, declined to assert any privilege over Mr. McGahn’s testimony, so Mr. McGahn answered the special counsel team’s questions fulsomely and honestly, as any person interviewed by federal investigators must,” he said.

Donald J. Trump

Some members of the media are very Angry at the Fake Story in the New York Times. They actually called to complain and apologize - a big step forward. From the day I announced, the Times has been Fake News, and with their disgusting new Board Member, it will only get worse!

5:14 AM - 19 Aug 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1031152483949838336

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
@Once-Ler

Methinks the lady doeth protest too much. The NYT article didn't imply the council turned on his client.

Donald J. Trump

The failing @nytimes wrote a Fake piece today implying that because White House Councel Don McGahn was giving hours of testimony to the Special Councel, he must be a John Dean type “RAT.” But I allowed him and all others to testify - I didn’t have to. I have nothing to hide......

4:01 AM - 19 Aug 2018

....and have demanded transparency so that this Rigged and Disgusting Witch Hunt can come to a close. So many lives have been ruined over nothing - McCarthyism at its WORST! Yet Mueller & his gang of Dems refuse to look at the real crimes on the other side - Media is even worse!

4:15 AM - 19 Aug 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1031134125602820096

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1031137499995930624

And some here  *still* wonder why the President tweets.   :smokin:

Methinks ...

And methinks if this were true, you wouldn't be so easily suckered by the MSM.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
And the proper use/spelling in this context is council, not councel. Lol.

Offline Applewood

And some here  *still* wonder why the President tweets.   :smokin:

Yes, I still wonder because his tweets make him look stupid.  Among other things, he can't spell. 

Offline Applewood

And the proper use/spelling in this context is council, not councel. Lol.

Counsel. 

"Counsel" means, among other things, an attorney.  "Council" is a body of people, usually in government -- eg, City Council. Council may have an advisory capacity, but at the local level, the council makes and passes local laws and ordinances.

And "Councel" is just plain wrong.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 03:29:24 pm by Applewood »

Offline MOD3

Topics merged.

@Once-Ler
@Bigun
The President has lied to us several times a day for the last 2 years...I'm gonna believe him now?

Offline Applewood

@Bigun
The President has lied to us several times a day for the last 2 years...I'm gonna believe him now?

Exactly.  Didn't he say we no longer have to worry about a nuclear threat from North Korea? 

I suppose his followers think credible reports of  continued development and testing of nuclear missiles are all "fake news."

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Some members of the media are very Angry at the Fake Story in the New York Times. They actually called to complain and apologize - a big step forward. From the day I announced, the Times has been Fake News, and with their disgusting new Board Member, it will only get worse!

Here is another lie.  He can't help it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oh boy!  We got 'im now!!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Here is another lie.  He can't help it.

@Once-Ler And you know that exactly how?  Do you have the President's phones tapped?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

@Once-Ler And you know that exactly how?

Logic.  Hannity and Judge Jeanine don't count @Bigun .  Nobody else called to complain and apologize about the NYT's story.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Logic.  Hannity and Judge Jeanine don't count @Bigun .  Nobody else called to complain and apologize about the NYT's story.

You? @Once-Ler  Logic?    :mauslaff:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

You? @Once-Ler  Logic?    :mauslaff:

I expect you to giggle at logic.  @Bigun