Author Topic: Donald Trump and the Professional Conservative Class - Steve McCann  (Read 347 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
August 17, 2018
Donald Trump and the Professional Conservative Class
By Steve McCann

Recently, I came across a tweet from Bill Kristol commenting on some recent polling data favorable to Donald Trump.  Bill is one of the founders of not only the Weekly Standard magazine, but also the NeverTrump movement.  He wrote:

I've been looking at some polling crosstabs and I've got to say to my fellow white men over 55: you are a great disappointment to me.  On the other hand, it seems fitting and consistent with the American story that women, minorities and young people now step up to save the republic.

There are two major political parties in the United States.  The titular head of one is Donald Trump, who, per Bill Kristol, is an unstable reprobate.  Therefore, in the NeverTrump mentality, only the current iteration of the Democratic Party can "save the republic."  The nation must be rescued from the clutches of Trump and his allies in the present-day Republican Party.  These outrageous blights on the American character must be soundly defeated in the upcoming midterm election if there is any hope for the future.     

Bill and his fellow travelers such as Jennifer Rubin, David Frum, Max Boot, and George Will, among other NeverTrumps and their allies, are telling each other, and anyone who will listen, that Trump is not only far worse than the Democrats in Congress, but solely responsible for the combative state of American politics.

more at link:

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/08/donald_trump_and_the_professional_conservative_class.html
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Donald Trump and the Professional Conservative Class - Steve McCann
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 11:03:35 am »
McCann lays it out...a scenario that had Ted Cruz win the GOP nomination in 2016.

It ain't pretty.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald