Author Topic: Illinois manufacturer to lay off 150 workers, move to Mexico (Stack-On)  (Read 1153 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Yes yes yes, I know the line... 'well they sucked anyway', 'they deserved it', 'MAGA'.

A storage safe manufacturer is closing two factories in northern Illinois and moving operations to Mexico to counteract the effects of metal tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump’s administration.
Stack-on Products will lay off about 150 people at its Wauconda and McHenry plants when they close Oct. 12, the Chicago Tribune reports......

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/illinois-manufacturer-to-lay-off-150-workers-move-to-mexico/

Offline thackney

Yes yes yes, I know the line... 'well they sucked anyway', 'they deserved it', 'MAGA'.

I own six of their cabinets.  I thought they were priced right for my needs.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I own six of their cabinets.  I thought they were priced right for my needs.

I have a ton of their cabinets and shelves in my garage. For what they are used for, they are perfect for the price. There really isn't a good competitor for them with the quality/price. Obviously not as good as the top of the line fire safes you would put a $10K gun in, but to lock up tools, they do the trick.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The move to mexico was the plan all along.  Go back a year ago Stack-On Products was sold to Cannon Safe, Inc. and MidOcean Partners. Tarrifs are the excuse for closing but the real reason is the high tax rate an union wages they had to in Illinois..  Canon Safe office and plants are in Las Vegas and will stay in Vegas because of the low wages they pay their employees.  MidOcean Partners made the call to move as they are a blood sucking private equity firm specializing in leveraged buyouts. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The move to mexico was the plan all along.  Go back a year ago Stack-On Products was sold to Cannon Safe, Inc. and MidOcean Partners. Tarrifs are the excuse for closing but the real reason is the high tax rate an union wages they had to in Illinois..  Canon Safe office and plants are in Las Vegas and will stay in Vegas because of the low wages they pay their employees.  MidOcean Partners made the call to move as they are a blood sucking private equity firm specializing in leveraged buyouts.
Yep, 100% of Cannon's safes are made in Tijuana, Mexico.

Cannon simply bought the brand, shut down Stack-On plants so it could move its manufacturing alongside its present Mexico operations.

Tariffs appear nothing but an excuse.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington