Author Topic: Andrea Mitchell: Trump’s Cancellation of Brennan Clearance Could be “Obstruction of Justice”  (Read 571 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Andrea Mitchell: Trump’s Cancellation of Brennan Clearance Could be “Obstruction of Justice”
FinkelBlog, Aug 16, 2018, Mark Finklestein

Can doing something you have the legal right to do nevertheless constitute a crime? Yes . . . according to Andrea Mitchell.

On today’s Morning Joe, just moments after acknowledging that President Trump “has the legal right” to have canceled John Brennan’s security clearance, Mitchell continued:
“Arguably, some people will say, and I’m not a lawyer, but I’m certain that Mueller is looking into this, that this could be another issue of potential obstruction of justice. Whether it is of criminal import or not, it certainly is a question.”

Video at link:  http://finkelblogger.com/2018/08/16/andrea-mitchell-trumps-cancellation-of-brennan-clearance-could-be-obstruction-of-justice/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The 24/7 news cycle has been the undoing of critical thinking skills.   888mouth

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Shine your tinfoil Andrea, it's getting dull.
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Ah yes, only in the minds of dipshit Leftists on TV could it be opined that a FIRED employee whose security clearance is rescinded, is 'obstruction of justice'.

Then again, in their feeble minds, illegals are 'citizens' and 'citizens' are 'illegal nativists with privilege'.

Black is white, straight is gay or transgendered and espionage for an enemy is 'patriotic'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mountaineer

A so-called journalist reports this without even bothering to find out what obstruction of justice really means.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
A so-called journalist reports this without even bothering to find out what obstruction of justice really means.  **nononono*

Do today's "JournOlists" ever bother to find out what ANYTHING really means beyond pushing their political ideology on everyone and telling us what to think?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
All that stress of running Alan Greenspan’s bath water and washing his "shrinkage" has taken a toll on her reasoning abilities. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Do today's "JournOlists" ever bother to find out what ANYTHING really means beyond pushing their political ideology on everyone and telling us what to think?
No, and that's why I call myself a news reporter (semi-retired now), not a journalist. The ideologues have turned the profession from simply reporting the news into telling the reader/viewer what to believe.

I've mentioned this before, but will again: several years ago, the dean of our state university's J-school visited the newspaper where I worked. She gave a little talk and expressly stated that the J-school teaches its students that their job as journalists is to mold and influence public opinion. Apparently, that's their only job. No mention whatsoever of the task of informing the public what's going on and letting them draw their own conclusions, which is the way I'd always done it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I've mentioned this before, but will again: several years ago, the dean of our state university's J-school visited the newspaper where I worked. She gave a little talk and expressly stated that the J-school teaches its students that their job as journalists is to mold and influence public opinion. Apparently, that's their only job. No mention whatsoever of the task of informing the public what's going on and letting them draw their own conclusions, which is the way I'd always done it.

And that is, as you say, 180deg out from what we were taught way back when!  Who, what, when, and where and keep you damned opinions out of it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@mountaineer the so-called journalists are letting Brennan and others get away with claiming this is a First Amendment violation too without challenge.

The irony of what they are claiming totally escapes them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
No, and that's why I call myself a news reporter (semi-retired now), not a journalist. The ideologues have turned the profession from simply reporting the news into telling the reader/viewer what to believe.

Reporters report the news...journalists seek to put themselves into the story.

We have far too few reporters and far too many journalists these days.

And that right there is the reason that when I retire I won't pick up a video camera or write a script or edit video after I stop wearing the uniform.

I'll go back to being a radio DJ and be a happy man.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!