Author Topic: Trump revokes Brennan's security clearance  (Read 4282 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump revokes Brennan's security clearance
« on: August 15, 2018, 06:55:49 pm »
Trump revokes Brennan's security clearance
By Brett Samuels - 08/15/18 02:40 PM EDT

President Trump on Wednesday revoked the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan.

"As the head of the executive branch and the commander in chief, I have a unique constitutional responsibility to protect the nation's classified information, including by controlling access to it," Trump said in a statement, read by White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders at Wednesday's press briefing.

Trump also said he is still reviewing access to classified information for several former intelligence officials, including James Clapper, James Comey, Michael Hayden, Sally Yates, Susan Rice, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page and Bruce Ohr.

Each of those individuals has made statements critical of the president in the past.

--This breaking news report was updated at 2:42 p.m.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/401989-trump-revokes-brennans-security-clearance
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Slide Rule

Re: Trump revokes Brennan's security clearance
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 07:04:59 pm »
Get ready for the Exploding Heads.

Duck and cover.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 07:06:44 pm »
Each of those individuals has made statements critical of the president in the past.

The Hill pointing out that little tidbit must mean that is the one, and only reason for the revocation of those individuals Security Clearances. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 07:06:59 pm »
Thank God!  It's about damned time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 07:11:35 pm »
Long past time!  Brennan will be so incensed that he might tear a hole in his prayer rug.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 07:14:54 pm »
Long past time!  Brennan will be so incensed that he might tear a hole in his prayer rug.

All this time I thought it was his BJ rug.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 07:25:15 pm »
Get ready for the Exploding Heads.

Duck and cover.

:)

Shemp Smith is already wetting himself over this on Fox.

It should have happened a lot sooner than what it did.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 07:46:04 pm »
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon
@txradioguy

Trump is doing this out of his usual spite (ridiculous little boy taking their marbles because he can).  Those who have worked on highly classified cases, cannot be contacted now for information they have on those cases. This doesn't hurt those kicked off, it hurts those still working on those cases. Bob kept his Q clearance for 20 years after he left the Pentagon/CIA division - the CIA wanted it that way so they could still consult with him if necessary.   
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:46:44 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 07:49:01 pm »
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon

Trump is doing this out of his usual spite (ridiculous little boy taking their marbles because he can).  Those who have worked on highly classified cases, cannot be contacted now for information they have on those cases. This doesn't hurt those kicked off, it hurts those still working on those cases. Bob kept his Q clearance for 20 years after he left the Pentagon/CIA division - the CIA wanted it that way so they could still consult with him if necessary.

IMHO they should have never given Brennan one in the first place after it was discovered he voted for Gus Hall.

The fact he's such a Muslim sympathizer that he seems to have converted is another reason.

The only consulting working Brennan is doing is bashing Trump and the country on MSNBC and social media. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 07:51:29 pm »
IMHO they should have never given Brennan one in the first place after it was discovered he voted for Gus Hall.

The fact he's such a Muslim sympathizer that he seems to have converted is another reason.

The only consulting working Brennan is doing is bashing Trump and the country on MSNBC and social media.

QFT!

His past and present actions make him an enemy of the state.  He actually should be up on charges. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 07:59:58 pm »

If we're relying on Brennan for our international security .... we. are. effed.

And if the CIA wants to talk with Brennan, he can be given temporary security clearance---after he passes inspection.

@Victoria33

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 08:17:39 pm »
Clapper: Trump revoking Brennan's security clearance is an 'infringement' on free speech.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/402002-clapper-trump-revoking-brennans-security-clearance-is-an-infringement

I hope Trump punches Clappers ticket too. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 08:21:55 pm »
Clapper: Trump revoking Brennan's security clearance is an 'infringement' on free speech.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/402002-clapper-trump-revoking-brennans-security-clearance-is-an-infringement

I hope Trump punches Clappers ticket too.

Clapper needs a lot more than his SC revoked.  He leaked classified info while he was the DNI in exchange for a job at CNN.

He needs to be sent to prison and have his military pension stripped too.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2018, 08:23:09 pm »
IMHO they should have never given Brennan one in the first place after it was discovered he voted for Gus Hall. The fact he's such a Muslim sympathizer that he seems to have converted is another reason.  The only consulting working Brennan is doing is bashing Trump and the country on MSNBC and social media.
@txradioguy

You don't like him so take away his marbles he doesn't need and the Govn. may need - this hurts only the government and we are talking more than Brennan that Trump is ejecting just because he can and they didn't bow down to him.  The Antichrist will do the same thing with people who don't worship him; same principle.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2018, 08:35:03 pm »
@txradioguy

You don't like him so take away his marbles he doesn't need and the Govn. may need - this hurts only the government and we are talking more than Brennan that Trump is ejecting just because he can and they didn't bow down to him.  The Antichrist will do the same thing with people who don't worship him; same principle.

Those "marbles" are on loan on a temporary basis as long as certain criteria are met.

My SC isn't something that I necessarily get to keep when I retire.  Nor do I expect it to be.

That being said I make sure I do everything I can to keep on the correct side of the line and not do anything that would cause a security manager anywhere to think about revoking it.

Brenan's TSC wasn't a permanent award...it can be and has been taken away at the discretion of the President which is within his power to do so.

As I said he never should have had one to begin with...given his support of Gus hall and his love of all things in the Koran.

Clapper...Flynn and a couple others need to have theirs revoked too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 08:43:37 pm »
Clapper needs a lot more than his SC revoked.  He leaked classified info while he was the DNI in exchange for a job at CNN.

He needs to be sent to prison and have his military pension stripped too.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2018, 08:48:36 pm »
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon
@txradioguy

Brennan should have been stripped of his security clearance long ago.  Your attributing it to Trump's petulance is only a reflection on you.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2018, 08:57:47 pm »
Trump also said he is still reviewing access to classified information for several former intelligence officials, including James Clapper, James Comey, Michael Hayden, Sally Yates, Susan Rice, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page and Bruce Ohr.

What the heck?  Why do ANY of them still have a security clearance?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 08:59:52 pm »

What the heck?  Why do ANY of them still have a security clearance?

Hopefully those who still do won't going forward.  Great job Mr. President!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 09:15:25 pm »

888high58888
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2018, 09:17:57 pm »
@txradioguy

Speaking of marbles, I see yours are still lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 09:19:56 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 09:25:10 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2018, 09:41:04 pm »
Biden to Trump: If you think revoking Brennan's clearance will silence him, 'you just don't know the man'
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/402036-biden-to-trump-if-you-think-revoking-security-clearance-will-silence
Support the USO