Author Topic: America’s Newspapers Just Played Right Into Trump’s Hands  (Read 356 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Nothing flatters an independent journalist less than the sight of him forming a line to drink from the same fountain as his colleagues. Such a spectacle will unfold on Thursday, August 16, as 200 or more editorial pages will heed the call sounded by Boston Globe op-ed page editor Marjorie Pritchard to run editorials opposing President Donald Trump’s unrelieved press-bashing. Participating dailies include the Houston Chronicle, the Minneapolis Star Tribune, the Miami Herald and the Denver Post, as well as the Globe. Joining the movement are the American Society of News Editors and the New England Newspaper and Press Association. Dan Rather is on board, as is the Radio Television Digital News Association.

So ...Trump supporters are "Mouth breathers":
Another problem with a nationally coordinated pro-press catechism is that the audience likely to reap the greatest benefit from the haranguing—Trump and many in his base—tends not to read newspapers in the first place.

Nice...

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/08/14/americas-newspapers-just-played-right-into-trumps-hands-219360
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: America’s Newspapers Just Played Right Into Trump’s Hands
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 07:12:00 pm »
Since I cancelled two big papers, a long time ago, I have not cared one twit what "editorials" have to say.

Cut the cable and no longer get any networks, either. Just me, my Sat. radio, and my HS Internet, my AM/FM radio.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 07:14:04 pm »
Just me, my Sat. radio, and my HS Internet, my AM/FM radio.

And the entertainment channel we call TBR!.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 08:13:35 pm »
Since I cancelled two big papers, a long time ago, I have not cared one twit what "editorials" have to say.
Even when I did read the papers, I never really cared what the editorials said. (At the time I was more interested in the comic strips.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024