Author Topic: Another Prominent Anti-Trump Republican Just Went Down In Minnesota. Here's Why This Keeps Happening  (Read 22442 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well, let me suggest that with Vladimir Putin, you know where you stand walking in.

You always try to introduce yourselves in an appropriate manner.  In President Trump's case, he'd hope that we could find common ground with which to work to solve Middle East and EU issues.

For this, you claim that he embraced Putin instead of condemning him while he's standing ten feet away...?

Come on...we've argued that till the cows came home.

As far as not being a fan of Pawlenty?

Two words:  Jeff Flake  Who needs another back stabber on the team?      :shrug:

We are not talking about Jeff Flake we are talking about Pawlenty

Pawlenty voted for President Donald Trump and "support most of what's he's doing, nearly all of what he's doing on a policy level." In 2016 Pawlenty had expressed disapproval of Trump's "comments and language and behavior", calling the president "unsound, uninformed, unhinged and unfit" during his campaign. Pawlenty stated that since the election, "he's made a lot of great progress as leader of our country and president of the United States in terms of policy priorities and the outcomes."[181]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Pawlenty

Tim Pawlenty on the issues.  Everyone should read it.  He's a Conservative.  The only reason this is happening to anyone is because they have criticized Trump at one time or the other.  Trump demands absolute admiration.  Otherwise regardless of whether you are working toward Trumps goals or not you are gone.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Tim_Pawlenty.htm#Immigration

More on Tim Pawlenty at the link.

I like the guy even more now.  Why because he is just like us.  Honest.  He voted for Trump and gave Trump recognition for what he does right.  But he's honest.  Trump acts like a Senior Citizen child.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I should have begged when one person wanted to ruin another thread fighting.  I guess you completely ignored the post I think it is 181 which actually is about Tom Pawlenty.  And reading the information it appears that his agenda is Trumps agenda.  His only mistake was to criticize the Trump.  I would call that major intolerance, but mostly insecurity.  And a symptom of Trumps narcissism that he is willing to destroy a persons career because they didn't talk nice about him.

Putin- Communist dictator good (talks nice about Trump)  Pawlenty-Conservative with same agenda as Trump campaigned on , bad.  (made comments Trump didn't like)

Get over yourself Emjay.  I have to sit through your tirades.

BTW you are the "ignore" queen.  You are always talking about how you have people on ignore.  What a liar.  If you had me on ignore you wouldn't have seen it because nobody reposted it.

Since you don't have me on ignore I will give you a trophy

@Chosen Daughter   It's not nice to call people liars.  Jesus hates liars and people who lie about other people.

I don't know when you decided I am your enemy and I never put you on ignore.  But I have noticed you trail around wherever you see my posts and try to disparage me.

Hey, I'm not all that flattered by the attention and you can shove that award up your virtue hole.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
We are not talking about Jeff Flake we are talking about Pawlenty

Pawlenty voted for President Donald Trump and "support most of what's he's doing, nearly all of what he's doing on a policy level." In 2016 Pawlenty had expressed disapproval of Trump's "comments and language and behavior", calling the president "unsound, uninformed, unhinged and unfit" during his campaign. Pawlenty stated that since the election, "he's made a lot of great progress as leader of our country and president of the United States in terms of policy priorities and the outcomes."[181]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Pawlenty

Tim Pawlenty on the issues.  Everyone should read it.  He's a Conservative.  The only reason this is happening to anyone is because they have criticized Trump at one time or the other.  Trump demands absolute admiration.  Otherwise regardless of whether you are working toward Trumps goals or not you are gone.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Tim_Pawlenty.htm#Immigration

More on Tim Pawlenty at the link.

I like the guy even more now.  Why because he is just like us.  Honest.  He voted for Trump and gave Trump recognition for what he does right.  But he's honest.  Trump acts like a Senior Citizen child.

BUZZZZZ!!!   Sorry, @Chosen Daughter no sale.

He should have kept his opinion to himself.  Some win.  Some lose.     
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference
I'll drink to that. :beer: 0005 :drunk: :shotglass: ***wine :martini:

Offline Chosen Daughter

BUZZZZZ!!!   Sorry, @Chosen Daughter no sale.

He should have kept his opinion to himself.  Some win.  Some lose.   

Its OK you gave me the answer that was correct.  It is the same answer as to why we have all the fighting on this forum.  Because with the Trump presidency nobody is allowed to call out the president when he is wrong.  Especially not when he is acting stupid.  I have been a Republican all my adult life and there isn't a president that I have not called out when they are wrong.  Not one that I would not have stated my opinion.  Yes, Trump is unique.  I don't remember any with such childish insecurity and desire for total admiration without exception.

And it is absolutely hilarious that Trump and FOX News has latched onto Gang of 8 Graham.  Like he is the authority opinion for the Republican party.  So much for Trumps immigration policy.  What a sham.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 11:10:22 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter   It's not nice to call people liars.  Jesus hates liars and people who lie about other people.

I don't know when you decided I am your enemy and I never put you on ignore.  But I have noticed you trail around wherever you see my posts and try to disparage me.

Hey, I'm not all that flattered by the attention and you can shove that award up your virtue hole.

Emjay you always do that.  You say some person.............etc.  I was the only person who posted a page of stuff related to the Bible.  As if people cannot figure out who you are talking about. 

Offline musiclady

Its OK you gave me the answer that was correct.  It is the same answer as to why we have all the fighting on this forum.  Because with the Trump presidency nobody is allowed to call out the president when he is wrong.  Especially not when he is acting stupid.  I have been a Republican all my adult life and there isn't a president that I have not called out when they are wrong.  Not one that I would not have stated my opinion.  Yes, Trump is unique.  I don't remember any with such childish insecurity and desire for total admiration without exception.

And it is absolutely hilarious that Trump and FOX News has latched onto Gang of 8 Graham.  Like he is the authority opinion for the Republican party.  So much for Trumps immigration policy.  What a sham.

Not only is Trump unique, but Pawlenty was right about him.  No one should be punished for a (correct) negative opinion about ANY President.

This is the first time that this has happened.

It is downright un-American to be told to shut up and follow the leader.  It's one thing to have disagreements and discussions about policy, but to demand that no one criticize anything about Trump........... well, this is a first.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Suppressed

Jesus hates liars and people who lie about other people.

Wow, I shouldn't have skimmed...I guess I missed that major character development, when the loving Jesus turned hateful!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Emjay you always do that.  You say some person.............etc.  I was the only person who posted a page of stuff related to the Bible.  As if people cannot figure out who you are talking about.

You did not just post one page... you posted several pages and I will tell you right now that I reported it to the mods.  We have been asked repeatedly not to get into religious or Bible discussions. 

You violate that constantly.  I didn't name you as a courtesy and, in fact, you are not the only one who is guilty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Not only is Trump unique, but Pawlenty was right about him.  No one should be punished for a (correct) negative opinion about ANY President.

This is the first time that this has happened.

It is downright un-American to be told to shut up and follow the leader.  It's one thing to have disagreements and discussions about policy, but to demand that no one criticize anything about Trump........... well, this is a first.

And as far as I can see that is the only reason for destroying his career.  He voted for Trump and has given him praise for the good things he has done.

Offline Chosen Daughter

You did not just post one page... you posted several pages and I will tell you right now that I reported it to the mods.  We have been asked repeatedly not to get into religious or Bible discussions. 

You violate that constantly.  I didn't name you as a courtesy and, in fact, you are not the only one who is guilty.

Of course you did.  I am sure that you do a lot of reporting.  LOL!  Even if the Mods decided to shut me down I have already said mostly anything I could about my opinion on politics.  I don't separate my faith from my politics.  God is what shapes my political opinions.  I think I made it clear in this thread alone that God is not a political savior.  He is interested in hearts.  But this election made God about politics.  And no matter how much you run to the MODS this whole presidency had been about religion.  From all of Trumps Evangelical advisors to the kooks who claim that his election was a miracle.  A fulfillment of Prophesy.

I would love to disregard what all that is about.  Even refrain from the need to bring up religious aspects of this presidency.  But since he claims it (most prayerful president) The fulfillment of prophesy.  Gods chosen president........... then I think we have to examine it in a spiritual way.

And since we are on the topic there are several on this forum who like to trash the Christians (ones who got Trump elected) for discussing the same thing Trump claims is his success.  His meetings with spiritual advisors............etc.

What about Quix and all of his Qanon religious posts (Big and bold)  Did you report those?  Of course not because those are religious posts of Trump admiration.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 11:51:56 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Wow, I shouldn't have skimmed...I guess I missed that major character development, when the loving Jesus turned hateful!

Depends on the perspective.

The money changers, the Pharisees and Saducees did not see him as being so 'loving'.  They did not like hearing the truth either, and were quite angry about it.

To the point that they took counsel to kill Him.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

And as far as I can see that is the only reason for destroying his career.  He voted for Trump and has given him praise for the good things he has done.

Yes, but as a Christian, he responded rightly to Trump's bragging about molesting women, and so he has to be punished.

I should add that this HAS happened before............... Obama's minions wouldn't let anyone say anything negative about him either.

It just has never happened on our side of the aisle.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

How about you use that ignore feature there then since discussing the bible and religion in the current political/cultural context aggravates you so, same as it does our resident Atheist?

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Of course you did.  I am sure that you do a lot of reporting.  LOL!  Even if the Mods decided to shut me down I have already said mostly anything I could about my opinion on politics.  I don't separate my faith from my politics.  God is what shapes my political opinions.  I think I made it clear in this thread alone that God is not a political savior.  He is interested in hearts.  But this election made God about politics.  And no matter how much you run to the MODS this whole presidency had been about religion.  From all of Trumps Evangelical advisors to the kooks who claim that his election was a miracle.  A fulfillment of Prophesy.

I would love to disregard what all that is about.  Even refrain from the need to bring up religious aspects of this presidency.  But since he claims it (most prayerful president) The fulfillment of prophesy.  Gods chosen president........... then I think we have to examine it in a spiritual way.

And since we are on the topic there are several on this forum who like to trash the Christians (ones who got Trump elected) for discussing the same thing Trump claims is his success.  His meetings with spiritual advisors............etc.

I am sure you are wrong.  I almost never report.  And obviously you think your right to spout off boring pages about your religious beliefs supersedes the requests of the owner of this forum.

As far as the rest of your post, it's the same old blah, blah, blah.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Yes, but as a Christian, he responded rightly to Trump's bragging about molesting women, and so he has to be punished.

I should add that this HAS happened before............... Obama's minions wouldn't let anyone say anything negative about him either.

It just has never happened on our side of the aisle.

Verging very close on dictatorship where people are not allowed free speech.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I am sure you are wrong.  I almost never report.  And obviously you think your right to spout off boring pages about your religious beliefs supersedes the requests of the owner of this forum.

As far as the rest of your post, it's the same old blah, blah, blah.

Boring isn't a reason to report.  If it was we would be reporting you all the time.

Offline musiclady

How about you use that ignore feature there then since discussing the bible and religion in the current political/cultural context aggravates you so, same as it does our resident Atheist?

The problem with what @Emjay is saying (and her going to the Mods) is twofold.....

1. There is no way to discuss the founding of this nation and the problems we are in without bringing in what they disdainfully call "religion."  It is impossible to separate our history from the faith that produced it.

2.  As @Chosen Daughter said above, the supporters of this President have pounded into our skulls the "religious" side of this election..... that he was "chosen," that he is the most religious, most pro-life, most pro-Christian President ever; that we are damned if we don't support him (coming from other Christians), accusing those who don't support him of not praying for him (an outright fabrication).

It is completely inappropriate to complain about the discussion when it is germane to the problems we have right now, and it is impossible for those of us whose faith is intertwined with our thoughts and opinions, to detach one from the other.

Fortunately, the Mods allow these kinds of good discussions to take place in spite of the complaints of a handful of protesters.

@INVAR

Offline musiclady

Verging very close on dictatorship where people are not allowed free speech.

The Obama groupies and the Trump groupies (not those who voted for him or support some of the things he's done, but the groupies) would LOVE to have their guy be dictator.

Fortunately, what's left of our Constitution still prevents that from happening.

Offline Chosen Daughter

The Obama groupies and the Trump groupies (not those who voted for him or support some of the things he's done, but the groupies) would LOVE to have their guy be dictator.

Fortunately, what's left of our Constitution still prevents that from happening.

But it still can't stop the fallout for people like Tim Pawlenty.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
It is completely inappropriate to complain about the discussion when it is germane to the problems we have right now, and it is impossible for those of us whose faith is intertwined with our thoughts and opinions, to detach one from the other.

As one rabid Trump supporter told me - "God belongs in church, not on a public forum" - and yet this same person constantly insists for everyone to pray for Trump on a public forum.

They only want to hear accolades and praise for their anointed leader, and silence those things that sear their consciences and bother their ears because deep down they know they are true.

And they do not want to hear it.

They want to hear smooth things.  Easy things.  To hear illusions and to be told lies... because they keep us 'safe'.

Offline Chosen Daughter

As one rabid Trump supporter told me - "God belongs in church, not on a public forum" - and yet this same person constantly insists for everyone to pray for Trump on a public forum.

They only want to hear accolades and praise for their anointed leader, and silence those things that sear their consciences and bother their ears because deep down they know they are true.

And they do not want to hear it.

They want to hear smooth things.  Easy things.  To hear illusions and to be told lies... because they keep us 'safe'.

@INVAR
@musiclady

I just realized that the image on top of the forum is Ark of Covenant with priest blowing shofar.  I wonder if its anything like Qanon clues?!  Hidden messages. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 12:04:10 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline LegalAmerican

Is this a Bible study?   

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@INVAR
@musiclady

I just realized that the image on top of the forum is Ark of Covenant with priest blowing shofar.  I wonder if its anything like Qanon clues?!  Hidden messages.

We used to have somebody very unambiguous on the masthead...     /s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

You are a genuine clown. A loser politician who barely squeaked out 2 elections for Gov because of 58 people on the ballot and then ran the state into the ground through ridiculous bonds for sports arenas was rejected because he is a loser no one wants. His state hates him and they showed that by not voting for his stupidity. As much as you Trump Hating fools try to prop up this incompetent boob who routinely fails at being elected by name dropping Jesus and morality, he is still an incompetent boob.