Author Topic: Wisconsin Race Shows the Weakness of Old-Style GOP Politics  (Read 859 times)

Online corbe

Wisconsin Race Shows the Weakness of Old-Style GOP Politics
« on: August 14, 2018, 12:30:28 am »
Wisconsin Race Shows the Weakness of Old-Style GOP Politics

By Julie Kelly|  August 12th, 2018

Kevin Nicholson is the Republican candidate for U.S. Senate who neither the Wisconsin GOP chieftains nor the Democratic incumbent wants to win. But the political novice—a decorated Marine combat veteran—embraces his role as the establishment party-crasher trying to unseat Senator Tammy Baldwin and give Republicans a surprise pickup in the Badger State.

“We are in an extremely good position to win,” Nicholson told me from the campaign trail on Saturday. “I would not want to trade places with either one of my opponents in the primary or the general election right now. They are the establishment. But voters know that only someone from outside the political class can bring change.”

On Tuesday, Nicholson faces State Senator Leah Vukmir in the state’s primary election. Vukmir has endorsements from House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), the Wisconsin Republican Party, and several Republican lawmakers. But recent polls show a tight race.

<..snip..>

https://amgreatness.com/2018/08/12/wisconsin-race-shows-the-weakness-of-old-style-gop-politics/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.