Author Topic: Gov. Hogan avoids Trump trap set by Maryland Democrats, stays far ahead of Jealous in polls  (Read 884 times)

Online corbe

Gov. Hogan avoids Trump trap set by Maryland Democrats, stays far ahead of Jealous in polls

By David Sherfinski - The Washington Times - Sunday, August 12, 2018

Maryland Democrats are hoping voters are so dismayed by what is happening across the border in the District of Columbia that they will take it out on Gov. Larry Hogan in this year’s elections.

Mr. Hogan is among the most popular governors in the country despite being a Republican in deep-blue Maryland, and Democrats are desperate to try to ruin the relationship. One of their chief weapons is President Trump.

In one line of attack, Democrats are demanding that Mr. Hogan take a stand on Mr. Trump’s nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court and say the fate of abortion rights hangs on the next justice.

Democrats also have accused Mr. Hogan of joining Mr. Trump to undermine the legitimacy of the special counsel’s investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Mr. Hogan said those issues aren’t relevant to his job, and voters so far seem to be OK with that.

“Sticking Trump to Hogan has really just not worked,” said Todd Eberly, a political science professor at St. Mary’s College of Maryland.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/12/larry-hogan-maryland-governor-avoids-democrats-tru/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It is VERY easy to undermine the legitimacy of something that was never legitimate in the first place. The Mueller investigation being prima facia evidence!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien