Author Topic: President Trump to sign defense authorization bill bearing John McCain's name  (Read 2343 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

President Trump to sign defense authorization bill bearing John McCain's name
ABC News, Aug 13, 2018

When President Donald Trump heads to Fort Drum in upstate New York Monday to celebrate the signing of the 2019 military authorization funding bill, he will have a hard time ignoring the man whose name is attached to it: John McCain.

The John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019 was named in honor of the longtime Arizona senator and former prisoner of war who is chair of the Senate Armed Service Committee and currently battling brain cancer.

"I am particularly humbled that my colleagues chose to designate legislation of such importance in my name," McCain said earlier this month in a statement from his home in Arizona where he is receiving care.   "I have found high purpose in the service of a cause greater than self — the cause of the women and men in uniform who defend America and all she stands for," he said. "I look forward to the president quickly signing it into law.”

More:  https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trump-sign-defense-authorization-bill-bearing-john/story?id=57135697

Proof of life, I still want proof of life.

Online libertybele

Proof of life, I still want proof of life.

He crafted the bill and his name is attached to it, so whether or not he's still alive is secondary.  I doubt that he has passed as things are too quiet.  Johnny and family I'm sure have planned a grand and 'patriotic' funeral to honor his name and all of his contributions (?) to this country; enough so, that those who know what he's really like will be gagging for days hearing about the funeral all the b.s. 

Frankly, I am not looking forward to a dragged out funeral lasting for days with all kinds of pomp and circumstance to honor a man who was less than honorable and has done everything he can to stifle conservatism.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
President Trump to sign defense authorization bill bearing John McCain's name
ABC News, Aug 13, 2018

"I am particularly humbled that my colleagues chose to designate legislation of such importance in my name," McCain said earlier this month in a statement from his home in Arizona where he is receiving care.   "I have found high purpose in the service of a cause greater than self — the cause of the women and men in uniform who defend America and all she stands for," he said. "I look forward to the president quickly signing it into law.”

@Right_in_Virginia

ROFLMAO! Nobody can say McLunatic has lost his sense of humor even though his brain is rotting away.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He crafted the bill and his name is attached to it, so whether or not he's still alive is secondary.  I doubt that he has passed as things are too quiet.  Johnny and family I'm sure have planned a grand and 'patriotic' funeral to honor his name and all of his contributions (?) to this country; enough so, that those who know what he's really like will be gagging for days hearing about the funeral all the b.s. 

@libertybele

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he was packed away in a refrigerator somewhere,and his death announcement and funeral will happen right before the 2018 elections,where his anti-Trump rants will be repeated over and over by teebee talking heads and Dim pols as the election and funeral approaches.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Slide Rule

Trump can allow passage of defense authorization without
a signature.

Just ignore the signature.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
What happened to the 1.4 Trillion dollar Defense Spending Authorization bill he signed just this February 9th??

300 million MORE than the Pentagon asked for??

So now... AGAIN we need another 717 B-B-BILLION dollars after the February 9th signing was supposedly for two years for fiscal 2018-2019?

Do they,once again think we little people in America who PAY the bills are going to forget that 1.4 trillion he authorized and signed earlier this year???

When this economic farce finally catches up to us - Venezuela will just be a footnote as historians write volumes on the insidiously and gargantuan collapse we are headed for.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online corbe

I have to admit it's a lot catchier than The 'I like people that weren't captured' National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019.   
   Kudo's Mr. President.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

@libertybele

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he was packed away in a refrigerator somewhere,and his death announcement and funeral will happen right before the 2018 elections,where his anti-Trump rants will be repeated over and over by teebee talking heads and Dim pols as the election and funeral approaches.

Yeppers and as @corbe posted; the ads will be mentioning Trump's "I like people that weren't captured"... 888high58888

Gee ... t-shirts will be made as well, I'm sure of it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:26:51 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What happened to the 1.4 Trillion dollar Defense Spending Authorization bill he signed just this February 9th??

300 million MORE than the Pentagon asked for??

So now... AGAIN we need another 717 B-B-BILLION dollars after the February 9th signing was supposedly for two years for fiscal 2018-2019?

Do they,once again think we little people in America who PAY the bills are going to forget that 1.4 trillion he authorized and signed earlier this year???

When this economic farce finally catches up to us - Venezuela will just be a footnote as historians write volumes on the insidiously and gargantuan collapse we are headed for.

The stop gap authorization paid for what we needed to keep the lights on through the end of the FY and pay past due bills that stack up because we've been living from CR to CR since 2010.  The authorization he'll sign today will fund the entire year and there won't be any work in 3 months whether we'll have $$$ or be forced to send people home.  The Dems won't be able to play their gamesmanship right around Christmas or Thanksgiving.

And we actually need MORE in the defense bill that even what Trump gave us if we're going to have the readiness we need to be ready for the threats we face right now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican Policy Committee's Summary
    Library of Congress

H.R. 5515 authorizes and prioritizes funding for the Department of Defense (DoD) and military activities and construction, and prescribes military personnel strengths for Fiscal Year 2019. The bill complies with the bipartisan budget agreement and authorizes $639.1 billion in base funding. Further, the bill authorizes an additional $69 billion in the Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO) fund to cover contingency operations. When factoring in $8.9 billion for mandatory defense spending, a total of $717 billion is authorized to be appropriated. Significant provisions of the legislation include:

Caring for Troops and Their Families – The NDAA increases the size of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Naval and Air Reserve, and Air Guard, fully funds a 2.6% pay raise for our troops, and extends a special pay and bonuses for servicemembers in high-demand fields.

The proposal ensures no military medical treatment facility will be closed or downgraded until all facilities are transitioned to the Defense Health Agency, and directs the Department of Defense to improve the process for reporting crimes to the FBI database, require DoD schools to improve tracking of juvenile misconduct, and refine sexual assault prevention and response to better assist victims.

To honor and celebrate 100 years of patriotic sacrifice for our men and women in uniform, the legislation authorizes a parade in the nation’s capital and a national celebration.  The legislation prohibits the use of operational units or equipment in the Secretary of Defense believes such use will hamper readiness.

more
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr5515/summary
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
During his speech to troops at Ft Drum Trump failed to mention McCain's name on this Bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The stop gap authorization paid for what we needed to keep the lights on through the end of the FY and pay past due bills that stack up because we've been living from CR to CR since 2010.  The authorization he'll sign today will fund the entire year and there won't be any work in 3 months whether we'll have $$$ or be forced to send people home.  The Dems won't be able to play their gamesmanship right around Christmas or Thanksgiving.

That was all supposed to be handled in the February 9th Defense Authorization bill he signed.  Followed by the 1.3 Trillion Budget omnibus spending bill he signed a month later.

And we actually need MORE in the defense bill that even what Trump gave us if we're going to have the readiness we need to be ready for the threats we face right now.

On February 9th, he authorized 30 billion more than the Pentagon asked for.  $700 Billion for fiscal 2018 - and $716 billion for fiscal 2019.  Mattis said that money would give the military the financial stability he was demanding.

So what's with the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019  - if fiscal 2019 was already signed and authorized on February 9th??

This smells like more over-the-limit credit card spending.

We're broke and spending trillions upon trillions we do not have, saddling ourselves and our kids and grandkids with debt that is mathematically impossible to pay back, because there is not enough wealth on the planet to cover it.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online cato potatoe

That was all supposed to be handled in the February 9th Defense Authorization bill he signed.  Followed by the 1.3 Trillion Budget omnibus spending bill he signed a month later.

On February 9th, he authorized 30 billion more than the Pentagon asked for.  $700 Billion for fiscal 2018 - and $716 billion for fiscal 2019.  Mattis said that money would give the military the financial stability he was demanding.

So what's with the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019  - if fiscal 2019 was already signed and authorized on February 9th??

We're broke and spending trillions upon trillions we do not have, saddling ourselves and our kids and grandkids with debt that is mathematically impossible to pay back, because there is not enough wealth on the planet to cover it.

We spend more on the military than the next eleven countries combined.  If we're being honest, terrorism is mainly a byproduct of immigration from the wrong places.  It's not an excuse to borrow trillions of dollars, and it never was.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

It just took us through the end of FY 18...which is Sept. 30 of this year.

IIRC they were working two different bills concurrently...they were working on a stop gap measure that got us through the end of the FY in addition to the spending that Trump is signing today.

It wasn't.  That was funding to get us through September.  The bill he signs today kicks in 1 Oct.

Provide for the common defense is in the Constitution my friend.

If there is one thing the government DOES need to spend on it's defense.

And for 12 years...all 8 years that Obama was in office and the last two years of Bush 43 that the Dems were in charge...the Liberals did their level best to break and tear down the military.  They do that on purpose every time they are in office because they know they leave us in a vulnerable position in the world that their GOP successor will move to fix.

And every time it costs more and more to undo the damage.

And the Liberals use that as a campaign stump speech crying about Republicans and out of control spending....knowing full well they are the cause of it.

Obama did everything he could without being impeached to lower the levels and quality of our military and the equipment we use.  He hates the military and everything we stand for as much as he hated the Constitution.

We've got threats coming at us and our allies from three different directions right now...and we're not in a position right now to fully engage any of them...and we need to do something quickly to change that.

And it's gonna take money.

So either we spend now and learn from historical lessons fo what happens when we drop our guard....or we repeat history...either way it's gonna be expensive.  And doing it now doesn't cost lives.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 07:54:50 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
We spend more on the military than the next eleven countries combined.  If we're being honest, terrorism is mainly a byproduct of immigration from the wrong places.  It's not an excuse to borrow trillions of dollars, and it never was.

And what about the aggression militarily by China and Russia?  The threat from Iran and North Korea?

Who do you think sponsors those terror groups?

We spend more...to stay superior to other countries in terms of capabilities and tech.  China and Russia don't have to worry about labor costs and benefits packages from defense contractors so we have to eat those costs too.  And with as much tech as China is stealing from us right now they are seriously saving on R&D as well.

You get what you pay for...with exceptions when it comes to the weapons we use in the military.

What is cost effective to you in relation to the cost of the human life using the gear?

Offline darroll

I have to admit it's a lot catchier than The 'I like people that weren't captured' National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019.   
   Kudo's Mr. President.
How do you fight a war if all your people are POW's. Look at Russia when Germany arrived. Military thinking.

@Right_in_Virginia

ROFLMAO! Nobody can say McLunatic has lost his sense of humor even though his brain is rotting away.

I want proof of life @sneakypete before I'll believe this is actually a text from Johnny. 

Online cato potatoe

And what about the aggression militarily by China and Russia?  The threat from Iran and North Korea?

Who do you think sponsors those terror groups?

We spend more...to stay superior to other countries in terms of capabilities and tech.  China and Russia don't have to worry about labor costs and benefits packages from defense contractors so we have to eat those costs too.  And with as much tech as China is stealing from us right now they are seriously saving on R&D as well.

You get what you pay for...with exceptions when it comes to the weapons we use in the military.

What is cost effective to you in relation to the cost of the human life using the gear?

America is seen as aggressors by most countries.  Our foreign policy is imperial and reckless of late, especially with regard to the middle east.  Rival nations are bound to boost their militaries when America uses its "defense" as a tool of coercion.  What do you expect them to do?  China and Russia are not run by wimps, and they don't like to be bossed around in their back yards.

Who funds the terrorists?  Lots of people, but we are the idiots bringing them to American soil.  In any case, our response to foreign terror is vastly disproportional to crimes inflicted by fellow citizens upon one another.

There has to be a cost/benefit analysis before resources are diverted toward the military.  There can be no blank check for bureaucrats and defense contractors.  The funding simply does not exist for Pax Americana, and there is a strong argument that, when viewed dispassionately, most of the threats we hear about are overstated.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
It just took us through the end of FY 18...which is Sept. 30 of this year.

The February 9th bill Trump signed was FOR Fiscal 2018 AND Fiscal 2019.  To the tune of 716 B-B-BILLION dollars for 2019, up 16 B-B-BILLION from 2018's fiscal military spending budget.

The bill he signed supposedly takes us to the END OF FISCAL 2019.

So again, why hundreds of billions of more dollars we do not have, just six months after the 1.3 TRILLION Trump authorized on February 9th for two years?

Provide for the common defense is in the Constitution my friend.

With money borrowed from our great grandkids' future.  We are bankrupting the Constitution.

If there is one thing the government DOES need to spend on it's defense.

YOU DO remember why the Soviet Union collapsed don't you?

There is no budgetary restraint in ANYTHING this government is spending.  None.

Laws of economics my friend. It is hurtling down to assert itself upon our heads.

And for 12 years...all 8 years that Obama was in office and the last two years of Bush 43 that the Dems were in charge...the Liberals did their level best to break and tear down the military.  They do that on purpose every time they are in office because they know they leave us in a vulnerable position in the world that their GOP successor will move to fix.

I do not dispute any of that.  But debt spending across the board has gone up - and these Trillions we are spending on a fake credit card - will come due in horrific fashion.

Venezuela is a good example of what we may very well emulate sooner than later.

We've got threats coming at us and our allies from three different directions right now...and we're not in a position right now to fully engage any of them...and we need to do something quickly to change that.

And it's gonna take money.

We do not have any.  We're in debt to HUNDREDS of TRILLIONS of dollars (counting unfunded mandates).  You have a government outspending Obama on everything.

That bill is gonna come due one way or another.  And we do not stand a chance to avoid the consequences we have already heaped upon ourselves.

So either we spend now and learn from historical lessons fo what happens when we drop our guard....or we repeat history...either way it's gonna be expensive.

We do not have it to spend now.  We are charging it on a credit card so far over the limit - there is not enough wealth on the planet to cover it.  Meanwhile spending for every other government program is up because the GOP had to placate the Democrats to fund their agenda to get them to sign on.

At some point, the laws of economics take over - and it will not matter how many missiles and bullets we have.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The February 9th bill Trump signed was FOR Fiscal 2018 AND Fiscal 2019.  To the tune of 716 B-B-BILLION dollars for 2019, up 16 B-B-BILLION from 2018's fiscal military spending budget.

The bill he signed supposedly takes us to the END OF FISCAL 2019.

Sorry my friend you're wrong.

POLITICSFEBRUARY 9, 2018

U.S. President Donald Trump signed a stopgap funding measure into law on Friday, ending a short federal government shutdown after Congress let a midnight deadline slip.

The bill extends government funding through March 23 to keep agencies open while separately raising military and domestic spending by almost $300 billion over two years financed through borrowed money. It also extends the federal debt ceiling to March 2019.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-shutdown-whitehouse/trump-signs-spending-bill-into-law-ending-short-shutdown-idUSKBN1FT1UW

So again, why hundreds of billions of more dollars we do not have, just six months after the 1.3 TRILLION Trump authorized on February 9th for two years?

About $165 billion would go to the Pentagon and $131 billion to non-defense programs.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/08/politics/budget-vote-congress-shutdown/index.html

Read carefully what I quoted above please.

That money the 165 billion not the 1.3 trillion you allege was not for two years as you're claiming.  It's just not so.  It was to fund the military through the end of FY 2018.

With money borrowed from our great grandkids' future.  We are bankrupting the Constitution.

Not with military spending we're not.  We spend roughly 4% of GDP on defense.

YOU DO remember why the Soviet Union collapsed don't you?

Yes because we purposely out spend them on the military and defense related industries.

Reagan bankrupted them by building a better military.  And then giving our allies the military tech we designed and built here at home.

There is no budgetary restraint in ANYTHING this government is spending.  None.

I guess you missed the last 8 years of military spending then.

Laws of economics my friend. It is hurtling down to assert itself upon our heads.

Again it's not defense spending that's doing it.  It's unfunded liabilities and welfare.

I do not dispute any of that.  But debt spending across the board has gone up - and these Trillions we are spending on a fake credit card - will come due in horrific fashion.

I don't disagree on that.  But the solution is not to continue to put the military budget in a rear naked choke.

Venezuela is a good example of what we may very well emulate sooner than later.

I'm sorry...did Trump suddenly declare that we were converting to Communism?  Because that's why Venezuela is the way it is.

We do not have any.  We're in debt to HUNDREDS of TRILLIONS of dollars (counting unfunded mandates).  You have a government outspending Obama on everything.

Then we need to vote people in who will change.  And vote people like McConnell out.  You and I have the power to do that in the Commonwealth.

That bill is gonna come due one way or another.  And we do not stand a chance to avoid the consequences we have already heaped upon ourselves.

We won't stand a chance at surviving as a people if we continue to give the U.S. military the short shrift.

We do not have it to spend now.  We are charging it on a credit card so far over the limit - there is not enough wealth on the planet to cover it.  Meanwhile spending for every other government program is up because the GOP had to placate the Democrats to fund their agenda to get them to sign on.

I was for shutting the government down to get a more responsible budget for FY 19.  So much of the Federal Government has deemed itself "essential" that only about 23% of the levithian would stop working.  And those people that got furloughed would get paid on the back end anyway.

At some point, the laws of economics take over - and it will not matter how many missiles and bullets we have.

That law of economics or law of averages will take over a lot sooner if we can't defend ourselves.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
America is seen as aggressors by most countries.  Our foreign policy is imperial and reckless of late, especially with regard to the middle east.  Rival nations are bound to boost their militaries when America uses its "defense" as a tool of coercion.  What do you expect them to do?  China and Russia are not run by wimps, and they don't like to be bossed around in their back yards.

You don't get it do you?  No you don't.

China and Russia are being as aggressive as we are because our stance in the world was regressive under 8 years of Obama.

They used to be kept in check because of our military might.

Now you have Russia invading the Ukraine and illegally annexing the Crimea and China setting up bases and making islands in areas that aren't their territory under any stretch of the imagination.

We never have and never will be an imperial nation...that's a bunch of Ron Paul kookish bulls*t.  And it's a dangerous belief to have in this day and age.

Who funds the terrorists?  Lots of people, but we are the idiots bringing them to American soil.  In any case, our response to foreign terror is vastly disproportional to crimes inflicted by fellow citizens upon one another.

It's mainly Iran that's providing the funding and the training behind the scenes.

Really?  Chicago is worse than 9/11?  Other than pointing out that deaths in places like Chicago and 9/11 happened because of Liberal policies and "leadership" the two have nothing in common.

That's just crazy.

There has to be a cost/benefit analysis before resources are diverted toward the military.

That sounds like something straight out of the Obama White House...like something almost verbatim he'd say.

Good job. 

There can be no blank check for bureaucrats and defense contractors.  The funding simply does not exist for Pax Americana, and there is a strong argument that, when viewed dispassionately, most of the threats we hear about are overstated.

I'd tell you where to stick your Ron Paul isolationist foreign policy...but I don't want to get banned.

Your world view on defense and the military is every bit as dangerous to the U.S...as well as soldiers in harms way as the Liberals.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Sorry my friend you're wrong.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-shutdown-whitehouse/trump-signs-spending-bill-into-law-ending-short-shutdown-idUSKBN1FT1UW

I think another source would be helpful to shed some light:

A Pentagon Budget Like None Before: $700 Billion

It's the biggest budget the Pentagon has ever seen: $700 billion. That's far more in defense spending than America's two nearest competitors, China and Russia, and will mean the military can foot the bill for thousands more troops, more training, more ships and much more.

Next year the budget would rise to $716 billion. Together, the two-year deal provides what Defense Secretary Jim Mattis says is needed to pull the military out of a slump in combat readiness at a time of renewed focus on the stalemated conflict in Afghanistan and the threat of war on the Korean peninsula.

That money the 165 billion not the 1.3 trillion you allege was not for two years as you're claiming.  It's just not so.  It was to fund the military through the end of FY 2018.

So you are saying that AP and a bunch of other sources that reported the military budget Trump signed for 700 Billion for Fiscal 2018 and 716 Billion for Fiscal 2019 on February 9th were all totally bogus?

The deal Congress approved early Friday also sets the Pentagon's 2019 budget at $716 billion, giving Mattis the financial stability he's been demanding.

Yes because we purposely out spend them on the military and defense related industries.

Reagan bankrupted them by building a better military.  And then giving our allies the military tech we designed and built here at home.

The Soviets spent themselves into debt oblivion and insolvency attempting to keep up, to the point they could no longer financially hold onto their empire and they had to let it split up and let their territories go.  We would be wise to consider that we are not immune from the same fate.

Again it's not defense spending that's doing it.  It's unfunded liabilities and welfare.

Which Trump and Congress are not restraining or slowing.  So we are expanding the debt-spending on EVERYTHING.  The laws of economics are going to be corrected upon our heads - and it will not matter what the hell it was we spent it all on.

I don't disagree on that.  But the solution is not to continue to put the military budget in a rear naked choke.

What part of we're broke and in debt do we not understand? The solution is to cut spending - and this government is unwilling and incapable of doing so. 

We won't stand a chance at surviving as a people if we continue to give the U.S. military the short shrift.

I was not aware that our liberties were a gift of the US military and that we are wholly dependent upon them for our own survival.

Again, they have spent 1.3 Trillion on February 9th.  Now we're going to borrow, write an IOU and spend ANOTHER 717 Billion?  Then there's the rest of the welfare state that they are planning to fund for next year.  That's ANOTHER 1.2 Trillion.  You are not going to have a people or a country when our enconomy collapses under the weight of the debt we have already incurred and our fiat currency becomes worthless overnight.  You cannot charge your credit cards up into the trillions, print money out of thin air and think you are going to escape the consequences.

That law of economics or law of averages will take over a lot sooner if we can't defend ourselves.

The same arguments are made to continue to expand the welfare state.  The fact is and remains - we're bankrupt, in debt and borrowing money beyond the next 4 generations yet born have an ability to pay back.  The more we spend, the greater the collapse that is coming. 

And then it will not matter whether we can defend ourselves against nations states.

We will be at war among ourselves for what remains.

There is ZERO efforts to reign-in ever-expanding debt-spending and the more we do it - the faster and harder the consequences are going to be visited upon us.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@INVAR...I give up.  You're being totally irrational on this and I'm talking to you as someone who sees the info up close and personal.

Would you be happy if we just disbanded the armed forces entirely and just went back to depending on the states to raise militias?

I mean...it saves trillions that will go towards paying down he debt right?

The defense authorization bill is named after John McCain — but Trump didn't mention him
CNN, Aug 13, 2018

President Trump just signed the National Defense Authorization Act, named after Arizona Sen. John McCain, but the President never once mentioned McCain's name or thanked him.

“We would not be here for today’s signing ceremony without the dedicated efforts without the dedicated members of Congress who worked so hard to pass the National Defense Authorization Act,” said Trump while thanking service members and military leadership.

However, he did mention Rep. Elise Stefanik, who spoke briefly and represents the district containing Fort Drum, as well as Don Baker, Dan Donovan, Joe Wilson, and Martha McSally.

More: https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-new-york-08-13-18/h_e7385e5e1d9a9ab5b626caf1148afcf0?utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=image&utm_medium=social&utm_content=2018-08-13T20%3A06%3A02