Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi to Paul Ryan: Call on Chris Collins to resign  (Read 271 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nancy Pelosi to Paul Ryan: Call on Chris Collins to resign
« on: August 11, 2018, 10:40:44 pm »
Nancy Pelosi to Paul Ryan: Call on Chris Collins to resign
by Diana Stancy Correll
 | August 11, 2018 04:21 PM

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., urged Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, R-Wis., to press Rep. Chris Collins, R-N.Y., to step down from his post after he was arrested by the FBI and charged with insider trading.

“Speaker Ryan must call on Congressman Collins to resign,” Pelosi said in a statement. “No person is above the law, not the President nor his first supporter in Congress.”

Pelosi’s statement came after Collins announced that he was suspending his reelection campaign, but would fulfill the remainder of his term and would “continue to fight the meritless charges brought against me and I look forward to having my good name cleared of any wrongdoing.”

“This insufficient and overdue announcement does little to drain the toxic cesspool of self-enrichment, special interest deals and corruption that has proliferated in Washington under GOP control,” Pelosi said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/nancy-pelosi-to-paul-ryan-call-on-chris-collins-to-resign
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34