Author Topic: Why I am having second thoughts about the death penalty  (Read 462 times)

Offline endicom

Why I am having second thoughts about the death penalty
« on: August 11, 2018, 11:41:17 am »
American Thinker
J. Marsolo
Aug. 11, 2018

Let’s examine the issue about whether, as limited government, conservatives, and libertarians, we trust the government to execute a person.

Pope Francis stated that the death penalty is unacceptable. This has caused discussion and argument from supporters and opponents of the death penalty.

But let's put aside Pope Francis's opinion, or anybody else's opinion about the death penalty, so we don't conflate what we think about the death penalty with the Pope or anyone else.

More... https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/08/why_i_am_having_econd_thoughts_about_the_death_penalty.html

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Why I am having second thoughts about the death penalty
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 10:34:33 pm »
The only "second thoughts" I have on the death penalty are... why aren't we using it a great deal more?

Offline endicom

Re: Why I am having second thoughts about the death penalty
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 10:38:30 pm »
The only "second thoughts" I have on the death penalty are... why aren't we using it a great deal more?

I agree with the author but was much ahead of him. Think of how much trust we must place in the government workers we don't trust.