Author Topic: Judge unexpectedly recesses Paul Manafort trial  (Read 508 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judge unexpectedly recesses Paul Manafort trial
« on: August 10, 2018, 04:54:18 pm »
Judge unexpectedly recesses Paul Manafort trial
by Melissa Quinn
 | August 10, 2018 10:35 AM

The judge presiding over former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort’s trial called an unexpected recess Friday morning after two lengthy private discussions with prosecutors and defense attorneys.

U.S. District Judge T. S. Ellis III first told the court there would be a 15-minute recess, and returned to the courtroom after nearly 45 minutes. He then brought the jury in and notified them there would be another recess spanning more than two hours.

Ellis indicated the trial would recess because of other cases he's managing. He said the recess would last until 1:45 p.m., and told jurors that other matters had "intruded," and reminded the jury that while Manafort's trial requires sharp focus and attention, he has many other cases on his docket.

He also reminded the 12-member jury not to discuss the case with anyone, and reminded jurors that Manafort is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

"Keep an open mind until all the evidence is in," Ellis said.

The trial will continue with evidence in the afternoon, and Ellis said he expects "we will make progress in that regard."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/judge-in-manafort-trial-unexpectedly-calls-for-recesses
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Judge unexpectedly recesses Paul Manafort trial
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 04:59:31 pm »
I wish he would come back this afternoon and say "This case is dismissed with prejudice!"   
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Judge unexpectedly recesses Paul Manafort trial
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 05:22:36 pm »
So now the normal course of court business is a Breaking News alert.