Author Topic: ‘Buck-a-beer’ to be available in Ontario beginning Aug. 27  (Read 341 times)

Offline Suppressed

‘Buck-a-beer’ to be available in Ontario beginning Aug. 27
By Paola Loriggio   The Canadian Press

Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced the provincial government's buck a beer plan Tuesday morning while visiting a brewery in Picton, Ont.

Ontario launched its buck-a-beer plan Tuesday by offering “non-financial incentives” to brewers who sell their beer for $1, prompting critics to question the Progressive Conservative government’s priorities and accuse the province of trying to deflect scrutiny on key issues such as education and the environment.

Premier Doug Ford said participating businesses will be offered prime spots in Liquor Control Board of Ontario stores, or advertising in flyers or inserts, among other possible rewards.

[...]

https://globalnews.ca/news/4373758/ontario-buck-a-beer/
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Re: ‘Buck-a-beer’ to be available in Ontario beginning Aug. 27
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 03:18:37 pm »
Now that the conservatives have won in Ontario, we get to see a government with its priorities straight!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 03:25:57 pm »
‘Buck-a-beer’ to be available in Ontario beginning Aug. 27
By Paola Loriggio   The Canadian Press

Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced the provincial government's buck a beer plan Tuesday morning while visiting a brewery in Picton, Ont.

Ontario launched its buck-a-beer plan Tuesday by offering “non-financial incentives” to brewers who sell their beer for $1, prompting critics to question the Progressive Conservative government’s priorities and accuse the province of trying to deflect scrutiny on key issues such as education and the environment.

Premier Doug Ford said participating businesses will be offered prime spots in Liquor Control Board of Ontario stores, or advertising in flyers or inserts, among other possible rewards.

[...]

https://globalnews.ca/news/4373758/ontario-buck-a-beer/

Great, now I'll need 4 beers to go with my meal.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 09:29:19 pm »
Buck-a-beer?  What is that in American money.... 10 cents?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.