Author Topic: Kobach agrees to recuse himself from vote counting in Kansas GOP primary  (Read 275 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kobach agrees to recuse himself from vote counting in Kansas GOP primary
By John Bowden - 08/09/18 11:11 PM EDT

Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach (R) says he will recuse himself from vote counting in the state's unsettled Republican gubernatorial primary, where Kobach is challenging incumbent Gov. Jeff Colyer (R).

Kobach told CNN's Chris Cuomo on Thursday night that he would formally recuse himself on Friday as outstanding votes remain to be counted, but noted it was a largely "symbolic" move as the vote counting is undertaken at the county level.

"There's really no point to doing it, because the secretary of State actually has no role in the counting of provisional ballots or any recount," Kobach said. "But I said if my opponent wishes me to, I'd be happy to."

"It's purely symbolic," Kobach added in the interview. "I don't think [Colyer] understands the process."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/401205-kobach-agrees-to-recuse-himself-from-kansas-primary-recount
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34