Author Topic: MillerCoors Discontinuing Beer Aimed At Millennials [pineapple beer, lol]  (Read 1867 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Livestly
By TRACY FEW
August 9, 2018

Just a few short months after releasing a beer that was created to target millennials, MillerCoors has decided to take the beer off the market.

Through the creation of a new beer, Two Hats, the company was hoping to convince millennials to drink more beer.  Described as a “light beer brand targeted at younger legal-age drinkers,” will be off the market by early 2019.

Two Hats debuted in February 2018, with the company utilizing social media brands such as College Humor, Snapchat, and YouTube to get the word around.  Even with the use of catchphrases such as “Good cheap beer is coming—so stop your wine-ing,” the beer just did not take off as well as MillerCoors had planned.

The beer industry has been struggling when it comes to the millennial demographic.  Looking at the market research, among consumers 21 to 24 beer consumption has fallen roughly 3% per year over the last 15 years.  From 2006 to 2016 beer has lost 10% of its market share to wine and hard liquor.

(more)
http://livestly.com/millercoors-discontinuing-beer-aimed-at-millennials/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Beer and spooning.....

Yeah that's a advertising coup there I tell ya.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Beer and spooning.....

Yeah that's a advertising coup there I tell ya.   :silly:
@catfish1957

Softly spooning. Just like every red-blooded beer drinking man loves to do. They are way off target here for selling beer. I guess they were trying to convert the old Zima people.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Miller Coors.

Big businesses seem to have more money, than business smarts.

If I was a beer drinking millennial again, pineapples would be the very last thing to interest me about beer.

American craft brews are an American treasure. Add some lush ladies with several mugs in hand, causing their cleavage to show a bit, and I'm back in the game. No pineapples, though.

Melon-brau
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I know how. And I am good at it.
I could make some pineapple beer that would melt their socks.

Offline roamer_1

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 01:13:22 am by roamer_1 »

Offline corbe

I read recently that Anheuser Busch is gonna drop the Orange swille (another indication Trump is in trouble) and soon thereafter the equally disgusting Lime $hit they call beer.

Currently guzzling:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline kevindavis007

I prefer beer from Germany or craft beer.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline The_Reader_David

Who convinced them that pineapple flavored beer would appeal to millennials?

Millennials are the lot that induced craft brewers to ruin the formerly worthwhile style of ale called India Pale Ale by turning its production into a support for machismo contests based on seeing who can drink the most bitter brew.  If they wanted to appeal to millennials they should have brought out an IPA brewed with gall and wormwood to add an extra bitter quality on top of too much hops.  Pineapple?
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I like innovation and all, but personally, I'll stick with this.

Beer shouldn't be like 'softly spooning'. It should be like punching a bear made of coffee.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I guess they were trying to convert the old Zima people.

ZIMA! "It tastes like high school." Love it. Cheers! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

I like innovation and all, but personally, I'll stick with this.

Beer shouldn't be like 'softly spooning'. It should be like punching a bear made of coffee.

I will come off my crappy redneck beer for Guinness.