Author Topic: Trump allies worry his aggressive campaign schedule could be a political liability for GOP candidate  (Read 516 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump allies worry his aggressive campaign schedule could be a political liability for GOP candidates
by Gabby Morrongiello
 | August 09, 2018 12:00 AM

In his final push before the 2016 presidential election, then-candidate Donald Trump spent the end of October furiously crisscrossing the country for nightly rallies with thousands of supporters. On Nov. 7 alone, the day before Election Day, the oldest president-to-be greeted voters in five different states over 12 hours.

So when Trump told longtime friend Sean Hannity in an interview last week that he plans to spend “six or seven days a week” campaigning with Republican candidates in the remaining two months before the midterm elections, few of his allies blinked twice.

The frenetic president, who turned 72 earlier this summer and has often bragged about his stellar health and “stamina,” is hell-bent on hitting the campaign trail as often as possible once September arrives. This week in particular, following four successful GOP primary endorsements and one special election win, Trump revealed his operating assumption: that his appearances alone can propel candidates with dim chances to glorious victories.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-allies-worry-his-aggressive-campaign-schedule-could-be-a-political-liability-for-gop-candidates
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Might as well roll with it. I think we've learned that Trump's gonna do what he wants to do. If he limits his stops at Trump strongholds, it should work out ok...keep the base fired up.

Should November turn out badly, don't hold your breath that Trump takes any responsibility for the defeat of his party. He'll blame it on everybody else.

Then buckle your seat belts for the next two years, it's going to be an even bumpier ride.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Lead. Follow. Or GTF out of the way.  Cowering bastages.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Obviously stress and hard work energizes Trump.  Some people thrive on that environment, Trump is one of those people.  I've seen many people well into their late 60's and 70's still working at a vigorous pace, but the office of the President I would think would be more stressful than your typical 40+ hour work week.  I believe Trump has probably been going at this pace for a long time.  He's 72 and to me his age is a concern. There should be absolutely no doubt that he is committed to doing his job to the best of his ability; to stifle him or expect him to slow down just because the number 72 is upon him is really silly.  His body will tell him when he needs to slow down.  For now he's doing a pretty darn good job. Let him continue.

As for him being a liability to the GOP or a detriment to the party, I disagree.  If anything he has breathed some new life into the party; those opposed to him are mainly RINO's and LIV.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 04:00:18 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Obviously stress and hard work energizes Trump.  Some people thrive on that environment, Trump is one of those people.  I've seen many people well into their late 60's and 70's still working at a vigorous pace, but the office of the President I would think would be more stressful than your typical 40+ hour work week.  I believe Trump has probably been going at this pace for a long time.  He's 72 and to me his age is a concern. There should be absolutely no doubt that he is committed to doing his job to the best of his ability; to stifle him or expect him to slow down just because the number 72 is upon him is really silly.  His body will tell him when he needs to slow down.  For now he's doing a pretty darn good job. Let him continue.

As for him being a liability to the GOP or a detriment to the party, I disagree.  If anything he has breathed some new life into the party; those opposed to him are mainly RINO's and LIV.

People are living so much longer today that 72 almost falls back into the middle-age category. 

But Trump is obviously healthy, motivated and energetic. 

I think he would be an asset to any candidate.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
August is Wash. DC vca time. Politicos and even top journalists take time off.

So this time is Little/No news time.

But the papers must go out, there is yet another election to try to influence/manipulate.

So it is a daily drumbeat of "Trump allies worry," etc.

There must be apps to find trendy, emotion packed words. like "frenetic," etc.

And birthdays. Journalists are now experts on aging. Concerned about Trumps age, but not about GHW Bush, J Carter, WJ Clinton, and GW Bush--all living, and all older than Trump. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Absalom

Obviously stress and hard work energizes Trump.  Some people thrive on that environment, Trump is one of those people.  I've seen many people well into their late 60's and 70's still working at a vigorous pace, but the office of the President I would think would be more stressful than your typical 40+ hour work week.  I believe Trump has probably been going at this pace for a long time.  He's 72 and to me his age is a concern. There should be absolutely no doubt that he is committed to doing his job to the best of his ability; to stifle him or expect him to slow down just because the number 72 is upon him is really silly.  His body will tell him when he needs to slow down.  For now he's doing a pretty darn good job. Let him continue
-------------------------------------
Given the resistance he faces from D's and especially R's,
Trump has done well.
As for the GOP, it has been dead for generations and should
be buried instantly as its stench is causing climate change.

Offline skeeter

"Trump allies worry his aggressive campaign schedule could be a political liability for GOP candidate"

"GOP worries lack of Trump support could spell disaster for down ticket candidates in November"

Pick one. Whatever strikes yer fancy.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump allies worry his aggressive campaign schedule could be a political liability for GOP candidate

The idiots at the Washington Examiner cannot even  write a title that makes sense .... never mind present an analysis of any substance.

Bottom line:  If GOP candidates want to win, they will hitch their star to the President's coattails.