Author Topic: Here's Paul Manafort’s strategy for acquittal by Tom Rogan  (Read 708 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here's Paul Manafort’s strategy for acquittal
by Tom Rogan
 | August 08, 2018 01:50 PM

In the ongoing trial of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, the latter's defense team has a two-track strategy to win acquittal. That being to substantially degrade the credibility of the prosecution’s witnesses and to frustrate the prosecution’s effort to show Manafort engaged in financial criminality.

Yet, those strategies operate in common cause. After all, to frustrate the notion that Manafort evaded taxes, laundered money, hid his foreign client relationships, and so on, the defense must shift the blame for those activities onto Rick Gates. A prosecution witness who is cooperating with the government in return for a reduced sentence, Gates is the pivot on which the defense is likely to prevail or fail. And that’s why we've seen the defense’s current cross-examination of Gates take such an aggressive edge.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/heres-paul-manaforts-strategy-for-acquittal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Here's Paul Manafort’s strategy for acquittal by Tom Rogan
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 06:57:47 pm »
Manafarts strategy is to sit there and be quite while the morons in the prosecution sink their own case.....at least that is what is happening so far.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 09:19:32 pm »
Manafarts strategy is to sit there and be quite while the morons in the prosecution sink their own case.....at least that is what is happening so far.

I wonder if he's going to testify.  Part of me would like to see the judge beat the crap out of the prosecution again ... but since Gates has testified under oath that there is "no collaboration" for what he has said---screw it, why testify?   (And the defense attorney did a great job on this part of the cross -- he actually had Gates say "no collaboration".)

Offline the_doc

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 10:01:23 pm »
I wonder if he's going to testify.  Part of me would like to see the judge beat the crap out of the prosecution again ... but since Gates has testified under oath that there is "no collaboration" for what he has said---screw it, why testify?   (And the defense attorney did a great job on this part of the cross -- he actually had Gates say "no collaboration".)

That was a cute move against a dunce of a hostile witness.  I don't know how much it impeaches the witness, but it was probably fun doing it.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 10:25:11 pm »
   After his millions dry up from the Ukrainian Russian Puppet he couldn't save, he works for the Trump Campaign for Free.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 07:44:20 pm »
That was a cute move against a dunce of a hostile witness.  I don't know how much it impeaches the witness, but it was probably fun doing it.

Gates did a pretty good job describing the many ways he victimized the Defendant.  A pretty odd tack for the Prosecution to be taking.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: