Author Topic: UniCredit has stopped using Facebook for advertising: CEO  (Read 580 times)

Offline endicom

UniCredit has stopped using Facebook for advertising: CEO
« on: August 07, 2018, 08:14:50 pm »
Reuters
Staff
Aug. 7, 2018

MILAN (Reuters) - Italy’s UniCredit has stopped using Facebook for advertising and marketing campaigns and will not do so again until the U.S. giant improves its ethical standards, the bank’s CEO said on Tuesday.

“Facebook is not acting in an ethical way... We will not use it until it has proper ethical behavior,” Jean Pierre Mustier said during a conference call with analysts on Tuesday.

More... https://www.reuters.com/article/us-facebook-unicredit/unicredit-has-stopped-using-facebook-for-advertising-ceo-idUSKBN1KS1N5

That is an uncommonly strong statement. Facebook could be in real trouble.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: UniCredit has stopped using Facebook for advertising: CEO
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 08:24:44 pm »
Me too. I have stopped using FaceBook for anything. Why would I want to be a member of a website which is famous for exploiting, manipulating, and spying on its users? No thanks. I'll get by without it, thank you very much.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 08:44:21 pm »
Me too. I have stopped using FaceBook for anything. Why would I want to be a member of a website which is famous for exploiting, manipulating, and spying on its users? No thanks. I'll get by without it, thank you very much.

I've never used social media. Not that anything is truly private on the net but I couldn't see volunteering personal information to who wants it. And I damned sure wouldn't alert the world to the best time to rob me. That said, some people do make good use of it in staying in touch with others.

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:56:33 pm »

I've never used social media. Not that anything is truly private on the net but I couldn't see volunteering personal information to who wants it. And I damned sure wouldn't alert the world to the best time to rob me. That said, some people do make good use of it in staying in touch with others.

What do you consider this platform where you are posting?  Like Facebook or Twitter you share as much or as little you are willing to put out there.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 09:02:53 pm »
What do you consider this platform where you are posting?  Like Facebook or Twitter you share as much or as little you are willing to put out there.

You think it's the same?

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 09:12:15 pm »

You think it's the same?

The same as Facebook, no.

But social media is a huge category including all kinds of platforms like Twitter, Reddit and Political Forums as well.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer