Author Topic: Karl Rove: Trump should be lowering expectations ahead of midterms, not talking about 'red wave'  (Read 1046 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Karl Rove: Trump should be lowering expectations ahead of midterms, not talking about 'red wave'
By Michael Burke - 08/06/18 01:22 PM EDT

Republican strategist Karl Rove on Monday said President Trump should lower expectations ahead of November’s midterm elections, not predict a "red wave" of GOP victories.

Rove, appearing on Fox News’ “America’s Newsroom,” pointed out that the party that holds the White House historically has lost seats in a midterm election.

“In all likelihood, Republicans are going to lose seats in the House, they’re going to lose governorships, they’re going to lose state legislative seats,” Rove said. “I think the president would be well-advised to say we face an uphill fight but he feels good about it, rather than set the expectation that somehow or another the Republicans are going to gain across the board with a red wave.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/400575-karl-rove-trump-should-be-lowering-expectations-ahead-of-midterms-not-talking
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yeah Karl!  You would love that wouldn't you.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
We don't listen to Karl anymore.

He is beyond irrelevant.

He and his big ass whiteboard are just clownish entertainment now.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Karl Karl Karl.   You ignorant gutter slut.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Karl Karl Karl.   You ignorant gutter slut.

888high58888  I question the mentality and sanity of those that listen to him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

This is the winning attitude that gutted the GOP in the 2000's and brought Obama to power.

Offline libertybele

This is the winning attitude that gutted the GOP in the 2000's and brought Obama to power.

Exactly!!!   888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Karl couldn't pick a free toaster for opening a new checking account. 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Absalom

Bush junior was arguably the most incompetent buffoon to occupy
the Oval Office since McKinley and rover-boy was his chief "strategist".
In contrast, Howdy Doody and Clara-bell were highly competent.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Bush junior was arguably the most incompetent buffoon to occupy
the Oval Office since McKinley and rover-boy was his chief "strategist".
In contrast, Howdy Doody and Clara-bell were highly competent.

Bull****.  0bama, as far as running the government goes, far exceeded GWB in all areas.

And, I despise Karl Rove.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Fat, Bald, Eunuch.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

• Wulf Anson Author
888high58888  I question the mentality and sanity of those that listen to him.

Those who listen to him are those who decided they would win without and in open despite of their base.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline darroll

This is Hillary's slave now.

• Wulf Anson Author
This is Hillary's slave now.

Now There's an X rated political cartoon. Whips, masks, spurs.

Offline Absalom

Bull****.  0bama, as far as running the government goes, far exceeded GWB in all areas.

And, I despise Karl Rove.
-----------------------------------
You're entitled to you opinion which I reject.
In financial matters, Bush was beyond reckless, increasing our debt
and deficit enormously and continuously over his 8 years.
Yet more critically, he owns the Iraq War, begun in 2003; which set
the Middle East afire and which continues to this very moment!!!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Your examples prove my point. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Karl Rove: Trump should be lowering expectations ahead of midterms, not talking about 'red wave"

Stuff it, Karl.
Just go away.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

If you're going to place the national debt on the shoulders of the POTUS, then do keep in mind that the debt increased more under Zero than W.  Sorry, make that W and all other presidents combined.

Also, the Iraq war began back when his father was POTUS.  But to be honest, they've been going at it since a few minutes after God invented sand.  While the W admin could have made a lot of better choices, things really went to heck when the 0/Kerry/HRC dream team stepped in (it).
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Silver Pines

Offline Victoria33

Lol
@CatherineofAragon

Karl is merely saying what usually happens in the next election after a presidential election - the other party picks up seats.  In this election, one has to factor in even more Democrat votes due to a reaction against the Trump personality, in other words, more Independents will vote Democrat as a slap to Trump personality.  I also think this election won't be as predictable as other non-presidential elections due to the uptick of so many Democrats showing up at primaries which has not happened before.     I don't know how this is going to turn out and I will check every state after the election to determine if there was a pattern that carried through each state.  Karl will be doing that, too.

Offline Absalom

Your examples prove my point.
-----------------
Er....... Obama served after, not simultaneously w/Bush?????

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Rove makes a good point...totally wasted on Fox viewers.