Author Topic: Mitch McConnell announces 2020 re-election bid  (Read 758 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitch McConnell announces 2020 re-election bid
« on: August 05, 2018, 09:32:46 pm »
Mitch McConnell announces 2020 re-election bid
by Katelyn Caralle
 | August 05, 2018 04:12 PM

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., formally announced his bid for 2020 re-election in Kentucky this weekend.

"I have some news to make this morning. I'm going to be running for re-election in 2020," McConnell said Saturday before the start of the Fancy Farm picnic, which marks the start of the fall campaign season. "I don't like starting late."

The 76-year-old senator made his official announcement ahead of the 2018 midterm elections. McConnell also announced that the chairman of his campaign would be 30-year-old Jonathan Shell, who is the majority leader of the Kentucky House of Representatives. Shell was upset in May's GOP primary contest by R. Travis Brenda, a math teacher.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/mitch-mcconnell-announces-2020-re-election-bid
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Mitch McConnell announces 2020 re-election bid
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 09:36:45 pm »
Why not?  If he has his way and becomes Minority Leader, his sinecure becomes even more posh.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 09:58:55 pm »
The 76-year-old senator

Time to go.

I didn't want him the last time. Hopefully a solid conservative can beat him in the primary.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 10:01:32 pm »
The 76-year-old senator

Time to go.

I didn't want him the last time. Hopefully a solid conservative can beat him in the primary.

Assuming you could find one willing to challenge him.  I very much doubt you can but wish you the best of luck.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 10:07:59 pm »
The 76-year-old senator

Time to go.

I would agree.  76 is time to retire.  We need a fresh face.  A true Conservative. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 10:10:01 pm »
Assuming you could find one willing to challenge him.  I very much doubt you can but wish you the best of luck.

I know, it's just wishful thinking. McConnell is as much to blame as Ryan for the precarious position of the Pubs in the House going into the mid-terms. The only reason the Senate isn't as precarious is because the Rats have to defend so many red state senate seats.

The Pubs were given a great opportunity and had a President elected with a clear agenda. They failed to get most of it done. It's not a great argument for keeping their majorities.

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 10:13:40 pm »
I would agree.  76 is time to retire.  We need a fresh face.  A true Conservative.

The age thing really is an issue. A lot of people face mandatory retirement at 65. We do need younger people to be elected, stay a couple terms, and then go back home. These people who have made a career out being elected become to removed from most citizens.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 10:16:11 pm »
...hmm... well I was hoping that ole Mitch would retire along with McCain, but obviously that's not going to happen. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 10:23:26 pm »
...hmm... well I was hoping that ole Mitch would retire along with McCain, but obviously that's not going to happen.

He should.  I don't know if I would go as far as comparing him to McCain but where Republican should have come together to do the will of the people they failed.  Thus he failed.  I am talking about illegal immigration.

He is also way too old.  He could have a number of health issues at that age that would make it impossible for him to fulfill his duty.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 01:35:40 am »
If he is announcing this early, he must be worried that someone will step up to make a challenge.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 01:55:09 am »
He should.  I don't know if I would go as far as comparing him to McCain but where Republican should have come together to do the will of the people they failed.  Thus he failed.  I am talking about illegal immigration.

He is also way too old.  He could have a number of health issues at that age that would make it impossible for him to fulfill his duty.

After winning his most recent Primary McConnell boasted about how he "destroyed the TEA Party"and movement conservatives.  It's a good thing Trump doesn't use words like that to describe how he handles his rivals, eh?

If he seems opposed to conservationism, it's because he is.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 01:58:25 am »
Mitch McConnell is the Republican version of Nancy Pelosi. They were both born before electric light was fashionable, they both refuse to step aside for the next generation, and they both intend to die in their office, on another meaningless conference call, with their cold bony hands gripping on to their desks with all their might. They will both be removed from office over the next few years, by the coroner's office staff.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 02:09:57 am »
   I'll take who among these two will Endorse Mitch McConnell in 2020, Alex.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 02:13:42 am »
   I'll take who among these two will Endorse Mitch McConnell in 2020, Alex.

Trick question.  They both will. :happyhappy:
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 02:15:15 am »
After winning his most recent Primary McConnell boasted about how he "destroyed the TEA Party"and movement conservatives.  It's a good thing Trump doesn't use words like that to describe how he handles his rivals, eh?

If he seems opposed to conservationism, it's because he is.

Mitch McConnell is the Republican version of Nancy Pelosi. They were both born before electric light was fashionable, they both refuse to step aside for the next generation, and they both intend to die in their office, on another meaningless conference call, with their cold bony hands gripping on to their desks with all their might. They will both be removed from office over the next few years, by the coroner's office staff.

^^^^THIS!  BOTH!!!

McConnell is as deceptive, dirty, corrupt, conniving, sneaky and as a machine oligarchy politician as any Democrat.   He literally threatened Conservatives for daring to primary him with Bevin.  He worked in tandem with the Democrat party in this state to destroy him with a version of bullshit vileness I only thought came from Democrats and went after the grassroots Tea Party out here, infiltrated them with Team Mitch morons and destroyed them from within.

McConnell thinks he OWNS the seat, same as McCainiac and he has no intentions of going anywhere.

No Conservative in the GOP is going to dare primary him after 2014.  So - I will vote third party and work to get as many to do the same.

I don't give a crap if the Democrats win the seat.   
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2018, 02:35:21 am »
^^^^THIS!  BOTH!!!

McConnell is as deceptive, dirty, corrupt, conniving, sneaky and as a machine oligarchy politician as any Democrat.   He literally threatened Conservatives for daring to primary him with Bevin.  He worked in tandem with the Democrat party in this state to destroy him with a version of bullshit vileness I only thought came from Democrats and went after the grassroots Tea Party out here, infiltrated them with Team Mitch morons and destroyed them from within.

McConnell thinks he OWNS the seat, same as McCainiac and he has no intentions of going anywhere.

No Conservative in the GOP is going to dare primary him after 2014.  So - I will vote third party and work to get as many to do the same.

I don't give a crap if the Democrats win the seat.

I agree. I would also vote Democrat before I would put this political monster back in office. Look, regardless of the propaganda, the Democrats own the Senate now. A half dozen or more so called Republican Senators are actually working with the Democrats. Another Democrat in the Senate will change absolutely nothing. And if it gets rid of McConnell, it is more than worth it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 02:36:07 am by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2018, 03:06:16 am »
I agree. I would also vote Democrat before I would put this political monster back in office. Look, regardless of the propaganda, the Democrats own the Senate now. A half dozen or more so called Republican Senators are actually working with the Democrats. Another Democrat in the Senate will change absolutely nothing. And if it gets rid of McConnell, it is more than worth it.

I won't cast a vote for a Democrat, but I sure as hell won't shed a tear or be upset if a Democrat wins the seat.  Hell, there will not be any difference at all as far as our values go.

Party Line votes, well, that's another matter and again, given the GOP track record since they obtained power - it doesn't matter if Democrats control government.  We practically get the same thing with a little crumb here and a little one there to placate us plebes while they take giant steps to help the Democrats achieve their agenda.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2018, 03:15:08 am »
I won't cast a vote for a Democrat, but I sure as hell won't shed a tear or be upset if a Democrat wins the seat.  Hell, there will not be any difference at all as far as our values go.

I would. I would definitely vote for a Democrat over McConnell. It makes no difference. A Democrat may possibly be worse than McConnell, but there is a small outside chance that he may be better. But just the satisfaction of 'sticking it' to McConnell would be enough for me to vote Democrat. Like Trump said, 'What have you got to lose?'
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 03:15:50 am by 240B »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2018, 03:17:37 am »

Offline Absalom

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 03:26:57 am »
-------------------------
Respectfully, a demurral.
Nance was born before the English language while
Mitch was born before the concept of principle!!!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 04:14:57 pm »
What bugs me about McConnell is he was there when the Constitution was signed, yet time and again he refuses to follow it.
The Republic is lost.