Author Topic: Twelve Invisible Eco-Catastrophes and Threats of Doom That are Actually Fake  (Read 622 times)

rangerrebew

Twelve Invisible Eco-Catastrophes and Threats of Doom That are Actually Fake
Anthony Watts / 20 hours ago August 3, 2018   

Guest essay by Patrick Moore, PhD

Some time ago it struck me that the majority of alleged environmental catastrophes and threats are invisible or very remote, thus making it virtually impossible for the average person to validate them through observation. Observations, along with replications of those observations, are the very foundation of the scientific method. Seeing is believing, and seeing the same result again and again under similar circumstances reinforces the belief. Is it possible that activist groups and the media choose to cite supposed catastrophes and threats that are invisible, very remote or both because the majority of people cannot verify them in person and therefore must rely on the activists, the media, and other third parties to tell them the truth? At the conclusion of this essay, the reader may judge. Here’s a list of some of the alleged invisible catastrophes and threats of doom, beginning with one of the former.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/08/03/twelve-invisible-eco-catastrophes-and-threats-of-doom-that-are-actually-fake/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Good article.
Probably many, many more than "twelve" "eco-catastrophes" that are fake...!

Offline goodwithagun

I still prefer wild caught salmon to the farmed stuff, but because of quality not globull warming. I also avoid GMOs and I dislike how the author described Monsanto. That company is wayyyyyy to cozy with Congress.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline roamer_1

I still prefer wild caught salmon to the farmed stuff, but because of quality not globull warming. I also avoid GMOs and I dislike how the author described Monsanto. That company is wayyyyyy to cozy with Congress.

Dittos, Only a with a bit more emphasis. There is a reason why cancer is becoming more and more prevalent. No processed, no genetically altered, and no pre-boxed. Or at the least, very little. I eat good, and plenty... But it is mostly scratch built.