Author Topic: What they're saying: Journalists outraged over Newseum "Fake News" items  (Read 557 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Axios
Haley Britzky
17 mins ago

The Newseum, a D.C. museum dedicated to increasing "public understanding of the importance of a free press," according to its website, is selling apparel advertising one of President Trump's favorite sayings: "Fake news."

The details: The apparel, first reported by Poynter, includes "Make America Great Again" hats and a t-shirts that read, "You are very fake news." Journalists around the country have voiced outrage, saying the slogan is contradictory to encouraging a free press. But director of public relations for the museum, Sonya Gavankar, told Poynter it encourages another pillar of the First Amendment, free speech.

(more)
https://www.axios.com/what-theyre-saying-journalists-outraged-over-newseum-fake-news-items-fa65cec6-1b91-4e86-9de7-5cf89950add8.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Nixon Library in CA has an entire section devoted to Watergate, and it was pretty balanced.  If Richard Nixon could wear his black eye, so can the press.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The organizations complaining are the worst offenders. In a way, they are admitting their guilt. LOL There is no Fox News reporter who is upset by this.

Walk into your living room with the kids and say very loudly, 'Anyone who would eat cookies in the daytime is Crazy!'
The first kid who says, 'No I'm not!' and you have your perp.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That is a head scratcher.  The press is against freedom of speech but is for freedom of the press? 
Liberals.  Go figure.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

That is a head scratcher.  The press is against freedom of speech but is for freedom of the press? 
Liberals.  Go figure.
Freedom of expression for me but not for thee.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.