Author Topic: Why Racism Begets More Racism  (Read 416 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Why Racism Begets More Racism
« on: August 03, 2018, 10:06:13 pm »
People are contorting themselves and their arguments in order to justify glib bigotry.

Dear Reader (Including those poor benighted souls who think hot dogs are sandwiches),

When I was a youngish teenager, I went to the bank one day. (This was pre-ATM machines, kids.) I stood in line behind a very old, very properly dressed, white lady, complete with the sort of fancy hat that I still don’t know the proper name for. When she got to the teller, I didn’t pay attention at first but, very quickly, my ears perked up.

She earned my attention because this prim old woman was passionately raining racial epithets at the bank teller, who was an Asian-American woman. I have no idea what the bank teller’s specific ethnicity was. But the old lady seemed to roam the waterfront between “nips,” “gooks,” “slants,” etc.

“You damn gooks killed my husband and my son!” I distinctly remember her saying. The whole thing was shocking to me, and to everyone else at the bank. The teller handled it very well, as did the manager who ushered the obviously distraught woman out of the bank as quickly as possible.

What’s the point of this story?...

...Liberals despise any argument that claims that they are part of the reason we “got Trump.” But for decades now, numerous liberals have acted like members of a cult awaiting the fulfillment of a demographic prophecy that, one day soon, whites will be a minority in this country. When that happens, various versions of this prophecy foretell, white power and culture will be wiped away. This analysis has always been deeply flawed on a number of fronts, but that’s a topic for another day. My point here is that the rhetoric associated with this hope is profoundly dangerous because it flips the switch on whites to suddenly see themselves as white. ...

https://www.nationalreview.com/g-file/sarah-jeong-racism-anti-white-still-bad/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=180803_G-File&utm_term=GFile

He makes some good points.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 10:06:46 pm by Sanguine »

Online roamer_1

Re: Why Racism Begets More Racism
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 12:09:48 am »
If Margaret Thatcher, Joan of Arc, and Lizzie Borden are just three chicks, you’re a sexist.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 12:49:26 am »
I've long said that the way to stop prejudice is to stop being prejudiced.  A liberal will argue with that, and the arguments are the same as those we hear when we say "All Lives Matter."

Liberals just can't get it through their skulls that when they do things like Affirmative Action Quotas, they are creating a whole new generation of aggrieved haters.  The last time I had that discussion with a leftist, she ended up proclaiming "White males need to see what it's like."  I said, well, I guess minorities need to see what it's like to be hated more than ever, because that's what you're asking for, and will surely get.

Act childish, and you will be treated as a child.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 12:57:30 am »
The last time I had that discussion with a leftist, she ended up proclaiming "White males need to see what it's like."

This is such a vapid argument. It ain't like there is some shortage of white males that have been beat down by life - nigh on to death.

Next time, take her out into the desert and find the desert equivalent of a hillbilly. I know they exist. Just like up here, some of them folks have a hard, hard way.