Author Topic: Tim Allen on ‘Roseanne’ Controversy: ‘Dangerous’ to Be Comedian in PC Culture  (Read 714 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

LifeZette
By Zachary Leeman
Friday, August 3, 2018

Tim Allen has spoken up to defend fellow comedian and sitcom star Roseanne Barr after ABC recently fired her — very controversially — from her hit show.

“You know, I go way back with Rosie and that’s not the Roseanne I know,” Allen told the press at the 2018 Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, California, on Thursday.

Allen was referring to Barr’s controversial tweet aimed at former Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett, which was deemed by many to be racist and ultimately led to her axing.

Barr has apologized for the tweet and chalked it up to a bad joke inspired both by misinformation and Ambien.

“She was the most diverse and tolerant women I’ve ever known for a long time,” the 65-year-old Allen said.

(more)
https://www.lifezette.com/2018/08/tim-allen-on-roseanne-controversy-dangerous-to-be-comedian-in-pc-culture/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

I am not a Roseanne Barr fan and I think she’s a nutcase.

However, she didn’t get fired for what she said but who she said about. Replace Valerie Jarrett with Condoleezza Rice and she would’ve gotten accolades from Hollywood
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I am not a Roseanne Barr fan and I think she’s a nutcase.

However, she didn’t get fired for what she said but who she said about. Replace Valerie Jarrett with Condoleezza Rice and she would’ve gotten accolades from Hollywood

Absolutely true. It is not what you do or say according to the American Left, it is only about who you do it to or who you say it about.

You can call Herman Cane or Ben Carson a monkey all day long, and nothing will happen. But if anyone ever said that Obama's face looks just like a chimpanzee, and his wife looks like an ex-linebacker for the Rams, their heads would all simultaneously explode and it would make the news.

The Left can dish it out 24 hours a day, but they cannot take any ridicule. Ridicule makes them crazy. That's why they hate Trump so much. He calls them out on their bullshit. Because Leftists believe themselves to be enlightened, morally superior, forms of life on Earth, you are not allowed to disagree with anything they say or believe. And 'ridicule' (which humanizes them from Godhood) can never be tolerated. It..it...it's just not permitted. It's not fair.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 05:32:24 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Topic: Tim Allen on ‘Roseanne’ Controversy: ‘Dangerous’ to Be Comedian in PC Culture

No kidding. Imagine all the heads that would explode today if Don Rickles were to come back to life and do a tv special.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

No kidding. Imagine all the heads that would explode today if Don Rickles were to come back to life and do a tv special.

Rickles skewered everyone.  But in today's PC world he would be accused of hate speech. 

It's sad.  The world, it seems, had lost its sense of humor. 

And by the way, it's not just the liberal snowflakes getting their panties in a wad.  Try saying something in jest about Trump sometime. 

Offline Millee

The Left can dish it out 24 hours a day, but they cannot take any ridicule. Ridicule makes them crazy.

Above all else, the devil can not stand to be mocked. - C.S. Lewis