Author Topic: Diane Black loses Tennessee GOP gubernatorial primary to political newcomer in major upset  (Read 768 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Diane Black loses Tennessee GOP gubernatorial primary to political newcomer in major upset
by Katelyn Caralle
 | August 03, 2018 08:06 AM

Rep. Diane Black, R-Tenn., on Thursday night lost the GOP gubernatorial primary in a major upset to conservative political outsider and constructions executive Bill Lee.

Black, the former chairman of the Budget Committee, had the endorsement of Vice President Mike Pence, and was favored to win in a crowded candidate field, especially above Lee, who as recently as last month was down double digits in the polls.

President Trump has a 56 percent approval rating in Tennessee, but support from his administration failed to secure Black's victory in the red state.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/diane-black-loses-tennessee-gop-gubernatorial-primary-to-political-newcomer-in-major-upset
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

An endorsement from Pence is being equated to an endorsement from Trump? 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

An endorsement from Pence is being equated to an endorsement from Trump?

Yup   :silly:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I would vote for this guy in a heartbeat.  He is exactly the kind of person I would vote for.  Congratulations to him!

https://www.billlee.com/about/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Whether one likes Gary Johnson, the libertarian party candidate the last two times or one doesn't like him, he built his business up in construction. This Bill Lee sounds similar in that one aspect. Sometimes people like an outsider.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Whether one likes Gary Johnson, the libertarian party candidate the last two times or one doesn't like him, he built his business up in construction. This Bill Lee sounds similar in that one aspect. Sometimes people like an outsider.

He may be a political outsider but sounds like he knows business:

Now, Lee Company employs more than 1,200 individuals with annual revenues of $215 million. The company has won numerous awards for work culture and business accomplishments, and Bill was named a “Most Admired CEO” in 2015 by the Nashville Business Journal. With his family’s company thriving, Bill stepped back to serve as Chairman of Lee Company in 2016. In 2017, Lee Company was chosen by the Tennessean as the best large company to work for, as chosen by employees.

End excerpt

https://www.billlee.com/about/

Father, Grandfather, CEO of major corporation and cattle rancher.  Employees like working for him.  Man of faith involved in missionary work.  What's not to like?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 06:24:34 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
He may be a political outsider but sounds like he knows business:

Now, Lee Company employs more than 1,200 individuals with annual revenues of $215 million. The company has won numerous awards for work culture and business accomplishments, and Bill was named a “Most Admired CEO” in 2015 by the Nashville Business Journal. With his family’s company thriving, Bill stepped back to serve as Chairman of Lee Company in 2016. In 2017, Lee Company was chosen by the Tennessean as the best large company to work for, as chosen by employees.

End excerpt

Father, Grandfather, CEO of major corporation and cattle rancher.  Employees like working for him.  Man of faith involved in missionary work.  What's not to like?

Sounds good to me.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Sounds good to me.

Yeah, sounds like a really smart guy.  A good guy.  So the Trump pick didn't win but Tennessee did.  Conservative.  Not a liberal.  Win!