Author Topic: Iran's Regime Is Falling Apart  (Read 342 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Iran's Regime Is Falling Apart
« on: August 03, 2018, 11:36:59 am »
Iran's Regime Is Falling Apart
American Thinker, Aug 3, 2018, Amil Imani

Despite his critics, President Trump is serious in his efforts to squeeze Iran's economy as much and as fast as possible.  Trump intends to make the Islamic regime fall on its own via crippling sanctions.  Iranians are swarming for U.S. dollars as Iran's currency, the rial, plunges to historic lows amid economic and political uncertainty.  The rial has lost one third of its value this year alone and is now officially 60,000 to the dollar.  That number is a lot higher on the black market.

During the campaign, Trump promised he would withdraw from the 2015 Iran nuclear deal that Obama orchestrated.  Trump unwillingly stuck with it for a number of months longer than he wished while Rex Tillerson was secretary of state, but once Tillerson was replaced by Mike Pompeo and joined by another anti-Islamic regime expert, national security adviser John Bolton, the A team was created.

So let's be clear: the new strategy Pompeo laid out is the same as the old strategy – the U.S. plans to impose maximum pressure on Iran to force it to change.  (That's similar to Trump's strategy toward North Korea, by the way.)

As for the oil question, the global oil supply chain easily can handle the loss of 500,000 bpd of Iranian crude, although we may notice some higher prices at the pumps.  While both India and China have the scope to lower their imports from Iran, they will possibly be reluctant, especially given the ongoing quarrel over pricing between China's top refiner Sinopec and Saudi Arabia.

It is becoming quite clear that President Trump's decision to depart from the Iran nuclear deal was just the first step in the White House's plan of action toward the regime in Tehran.  The administration is engaging all of America's instruments of national power to isolate and defang the mullahs.

More:  https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/08/irans_regime_is_falling_apart.html

Online LMAO

Re: Iran's Regime Is Falling Apart
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 01:04:59 pm »
Seeing evidence of the Iranian regime falling apart puts a smile on my face
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 02:02:01 pm »
Seeing evidence of the Iranian regime falling apart puts a smile on my face

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 02:04:54 pm »

That’s me when I read this article.  The only difference is I have a thick, full head of gray hair
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 02:10:01 pm »
That’s me when I read this article.  The only difference is I have a thick, full head of gray hair

Lucky you!  I have to pay a finder's fee at the barbershop these days!   wink777

And that picture is me smiling after I read this article!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien