Author Topic: Lawmaker Resigns Amid Allegations He used Nude Photos Of Ex-Girlfriend To 'Catfish' Men  (Read 499 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Republican state Rep. Nick Sauer submitted his resignation Wednesday amid allegations that he posted nude photos of an ex-girlfriend on social media to lure other men into “graphic conversations.”

“My ability to fulfill my obligations as a State Representative and public servant will be affected by the distraction of addressing these allegations,” the first-term Illinois lawmaker wrote in his resignation letter, which was obtained by NBC Chicago. “After speaking with my family, I feel it best to step away from my public responsibilities.”

The allegations first surfaced in a report by Politico, which obtained a copy of the complaint Sauer’s former girlfriend, Kate Kelly, filed with the Illinois General Assembly’s Office of the Legislative Inspector General.

In the complaint, Kelly reportedly claimed that Sauer, 35, had created an Instagram account “to catfish other men using my privately shared naked photos” and “engage in graphic conversations of a sexual nature.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/lawmaker-resigns-amid-allegations-he-used-nude-photos-ex-girlfriend-n896976
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
What a freaking weirdo.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline skeeter

One more reason to not simply vote the party line.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
One more reason to not simply vote the party line.

But then you'll be accused of voting for the Democrat and letting them win, making you an enemy of the country.

I mean, it's all binary - either you vote for the freaking weirdo in the Republican party, or the freaking weirdo in the Democrat party.  Never mind the idea of voting for a moral upstart in any other party, because they say - doing so is a non-starter.  You must vote for OUR freaking weirdos.

And then you'll get to read all the comments about how our betters, will gladly vote for 'Republican freaking weirdos' over 'Democrat freaking weirdos' any day of the week followed by the proverb that we have to go to war with the freaking weirdo army we have, and not the army we wished we had... or some nonsense like that.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775