Author Topic: WATCH: PATRIOTIC VETERANS Speak Out Against City Official Who Knelt For The Pledge: “Get the heck ou  (Read 461 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

100% Fed Up
August 2, 2018

Veterans are standing up against a Connecticut town official who has been kneeling during the Pledge of Allegiance  at town meetings. The town is coming together to protest the unpatriotic actions of city official Melissa Schlag who has gained national attention. The most recent town meeting was packed with patriots who were vocal in their desire to stand and pledge. A rally was also held last Friday (photos below) to support the flag in opposition to Schlag.

Vietnam veteran Calvin Bunnell stood up and spoke from the heart to tell the citizens why it’s important to stand for the flag.

(more)
https://100percentfedup.com/watch-patriotic-veterans-speak-out-against-city-official-who-knelt-for-the-pledge-get-the-heck-out-video/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline darroll

Firefox must have me censored. I can't hear it.

Offline mrclose

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Suppressed

Haddam official, vilified for kneeling during Pledge, apologizes, pleads for constructive dialogue
By Cassandra Day Updated 9:17 pm EDT, Wednesday, August 1, 2018

HADDAM — The official at the center of a controversy over First Amendment rights that has exploded into a national debate over patriotism and accusations about dereliction of duty is now offering an olive branch to the community at large.

The uproar was sparked July 16 when Selectwoman Melissa Schlag took a knee while the Pledge of Allegiance was recited at a Board of Selectmen’s meeting.

But an 11-second video, in which Schlag could be heard saying the town is “fascist and racist,” has caused even more bitter criticism, adding fuel to the controversy. Her actions, and public vilification, were thrust onto the national stage during the two weeks since the first meeting.

[...]

Schlag apologized “for making it seem like I thought all of Haddam was racist and fascist. That could not be further from the truth. However, there are strong veins of fascism (forced patriotism) and racism running deep in Haddam,” she said.

”Obviously every town has racism, but every time I see a confederate flag on a truck ... and hear from residents about their experiences of racism their children had to endure, it breaks my heart,” she said.

[...]

https://www.middletownpress.com/news/article/Haddam-official-vilified-for-kneeling-during-13124523.php
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mrclose

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self