Author Topic: Scarborough Floats Notion Trump OK with Losing House: Speaker Pelosi Perfect 2020 Foil  (Read 400 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
On today’s Morning Joe, Joe Scarborough cited a Wall Street Journal editorial for the proposition that President Trump wouldn’t mind losing the Republican House majority in 2018. Wrote the Journal [emphasis added]:

“Mr. Trump might not welcome a Democratic House, but he also might not fear it as long as Republicans keep the Senate. More than even most politicians, Mr. Trump always needs a foil, and Speaker Nancy Pelosi would be from central political casting.“

Scarborough seemed to scoff at the idea, saying, “I don’t think he ever thinks that way,” but it was hard to know whether Joe was being serious, as he continued: “everybody says, Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House gives me the perfect target to attack for the next two years, and in 2020.”

more
http://finkelblogger.com/2018/08/02/scarborough-floats-notion-trump-ok-with-losing-house-speaker-pelosi-perfect-2020-foil/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Well it worked for Clinton & 0bama, neither had a prayer of reelection until losing the House...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline dfwgator

I have long felt that this purge of the GOPe that is going to happen in November may be a good thing in the long-run.

The Rats will overreach which will play right into Trump's hands in 2020, with hopefully a lot of Pro-Trump Republicans ready in 2020 to replace the vanquished GOPe.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Wow.  We've got a slow news day today. 

Guess we'll have to wait for another Mueller smack down from the judge .....  wink777

Offline endicom

In a Sherlock moment I have detected a political theme: the Dems will take Congress.

Remember that you saw it here first.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In a Sherlock moment I have detected a political theme: the Dems will take Congress.

:beer:

no "/s" needed on that one!   888high58888
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I simply cannot see the upside to that at all.  Dems are horrible and should be nowhere near the seats of power.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.