Author Topic: AFL-CIO's Trumka Won't Rule Out Unions Endorsing Trump in 2020  (Read 349 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

By John Gizzi
Wednesday, 01 August 2018 12:28 Pm

Despite strong condemnations of the Trump administration for what he calls the “growing wage inequality” among Americans, AFL-CIO President Rich Trumka on Wednesday refused to rule out his union endorsing President Donald Trump for re-election in 2020.

“Well, he will be looked at [for the labor endorsement],” Trumka told Newsmax, “Everyone [of the presidential candidates] will be looked at.”

Pressed as to how serious he was about the AFL-CIO considering not endorsing the Democratic nominee for president for the first time since 1972, Trumka insisted “we will consider every candidate who’s running in 2020.”

Recalling the last presidential race, the union chief pointed out that “Trump got 3 percent more of our members than [Republican nominee Mitt] Romney did in 2012, but Hillary Clinton, unfortunately for her, got 10 percent less of our members than Obama did in 2012. And some didn’t vote for President or some voted third party.”

more
https://www.newsmax.com/john-gizzi/afl-trumka-unions-endorsement/2018/08/01/id/874916/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: AFL-CIO's Trumka Won't Rule Out Unions Endorsing Trump in 2020
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 07:33:22 pm »
Two percent here, three percent there, etc.

blacks, Hispancs, women, unions, #walkaways, Asians, ......it adds up.

And it leaves droopy puss Republican/conservatives wondering???

How did Trump get 306 electoral college votes,, wifout ussins?

"I coulda been somebody A big star?" If only.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 09:40:09 am »
No Dem endorsement yet. Still under the Clinton thumb with the DCCC calling a 28 yr old Communist the Future and wages Rising because of a labor Shortage, the Blue Wave is chasing the rabbit down the hole.

Whether you like em or not, this is no election to sit out or write in Millard Fillmore to satisfy your need to Virtue Signal.

Prolly can't reach the Trump haters, but the rest of us gotta get out and vote.

Never been a more important election.

We have the opportunity to Destroy, Finish Off, the Democrats as a viable Party this fall. Until they're gone this 'Crossing The Aisle' crap will continue to plague us.

Gotta remove the temptation by removing our sworn enemy.

Stakes are too high.

We clean out our RINOs later.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 11:15:50 am »

Prolly can't reach the Trump haters, but the rest of us gotta get out and vote.

Even though I don't like Trump, I have always voted.  But this year, there is no one I want to vote for. All the candidates in this  -- Republicans and Democrats -- are the same old, same old.  In our main races, we have a choice between flaming liberals and a few Republican candidates who might as well be liberal Democrats.  And there are two Republicans who look like characters from the Sopranos.  Not much of a choice.

Trump and his supporters talk about draining the swamp.  Really? When? This swamp draining was promised two years ago.  Haven't seen it yet. You say Trump will get around to replacing liberal Republicans later. Why didn't he do it now?  It's not like the midterms were a surprise to Trump.  Why didn't he mobilize the troops a while back?

I refuse to vote for any old Republican to "save us" from the Democrats.  I didn't do it in 2016 and I won't do it now or ever again.   If the Republicans want my vote again, they had better (a) field better candidates and (b) start keeping their promises to the voters.  They haven't done jack for any of us since 2010 when they started gaining control of congress. They now control both houses of congress and the presidency and they still haven't even made an effort to keep their promises.   The party has nothing to offer but the same empty promises. Why should I vote for any of them? 

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 11:59:10 am »
Even though I don't like Trump, I have always voted.  But this year, there is no one I want to vote for. All the candidates in this  -- Republicans and Democrats -- are the same old, same old.  In our main races, we have a choice between flaming liberals and a few Republican candidates who might as well be liberal Democrats.  And there are two Republicans who look like characters from the Sopranos.  Not much of a choice.

Trump and his supporters talk about draining the swamp.  Really? When? This swamp draining was promised two years ago.  Haven't seen it yet. You say Trump will get around to replacing liberal Republicans later. Why didn't he do it now?  It's not like the midterms were a surprise to Trump.  Why didn't he mobilize the troops a while back?

I refuse to vote for any old Republican to "save us" from the Democrats.  I didn't do it in 2016 and I won't do it now or ever again.   If the Republicans want my vote again, they had better (a) field better candidates and (b) start keeping their promises to the voters.  They haven't done jack for any of us since 2010 when they started gaining control of congress. They now control both houses of congress and the presidency and they still haven't even made an effort to keep their promises.   The party has nothing to offer but the same empty promises. Why should I vote for any of them?

" You say Trump will get around to replacing liberal Republicans later. "

I said no such thing.

I said WE clean out the RINOs later.

Primary them.

You're welcome to your contrarian POV, IF, you get your facts straight.

Trade?

Employment has gone from being a near endless quest just to Find a job, Any Job, to being a Seller's mkt for your skills now.

China is on the ropes and Iran is right behind them.

I love how Trump naysayers beyotch that since nothing has changed, without paying any attention to the huge SO MUCH that has changed for the better under Trump, That excuses them from having to get their facts right.

But he promised us a Wall. Immigration!

Yes, and if he'd delivered it against this Congress refusal to do Jack about funding it, then he Would be an impeachable Sitting Duck.

Seriously, I'm not going through a link campaign that could take Weeks for just one post to point out how much Trump Has accomplished.

I've done the link thing before on a different topic and had one member here tell me he's already "Shredded" all my science papers on the subject, . . . Then post one of his own which CLEARLY and UNEQUIVOCALLY states My Position in black and white, Proving he never bothered to read what I 'd previously given him Anyway because he couldn't be bothered to even read his Own link before he posted it to bitch slap me with.

Like I said, We Probably can't get the Trump haters on board, so go vote for Daffy Duck if you Like the idea of Democrats taking back the House and Senate.

I'm sure what They'll do to you, and Everyone Else, will be no different from what Trump will do to and for, Everyone else, . . . . since that appears to be to sole Evidence of Misfeasance/Malfeasance the Trump Haters continually push.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com