Author Topic: Trump to Jeff Sessions: 'Stop This Rigged Witch Hunt Now'  (Read 894 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to Jeff Sessions: 'Stop This Rigged Witch Hunt Now'
« on: August 01, 2018, 01:58:40 pm »

By Newsmax Wires    |   Wednesday, 01 August 2018 09:27 AM

President Donald Trump took to Twitter Wednesday morning to slam special counsel Robert Mueller's probe of possible Trump campaign collusion with Russia, urging Attorney General Jeff Sessions to "stop this Rigged Witch Hunt now."

He cited statements by legal scholar Alan Dershowitz, made Wednesday morning in an interview with Maria Bartiromo on Fox Business Networks, to make his case.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/trump-mueller-russia-twitter/2018/08/01/id/874868/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump to Jeff Sessions: 'Stop This Rigged Witch Hunt Now'
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 02:02:33 pm »
There was never any legal basis for the Mueller investigation in the first place so the president has every right to be pissed off about it!  I join him!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 02:06:01 pm »
I really doubt he wants it to stop, that's why he hasn't actually ordered his DOJ to stop it yet. A tweet isn't an order, it is a rally cry to his base.  Trump needs this 'witch hunt' to keep going because it creates an 'us versus the swamp' division with his base and he can continue to play the victim. If he really wanted this to end, he wouldn't be tweeting this, he would be sitting down with Sessions in his office.

Offline ABX

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 02:10:07 pm »
Actually, on second thought, Sessions may not be able to end it. He is party to the investigation for 2 undisclosed meetings with the Russian ambassador in 2016 and he was also part of the campaign. DOJ regulation 28 CFR 45.2 says no DOJ employee may participate in a criminal investigation  if he has a personal or political relationship with any person or organization substantially involved in the conduct that is the subject of the investigation or prosecution.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 02:19:35 pm »
Mueller will add this tweet as an additional 'obstruction' charge.

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 02:21:40 pm »
Mueller will add this tweet as an additional 'obstruction' charge.

We laugh about Mueller going after tweets, but if you or I wrote a letter, called, or spoke to someone who is party in an investigation of us, we would potentially face an obstruction or tampering charge. The only difference here is the mode.

18 U.S. Code § 1512

https://www.justice.gov/usam/criminal-resource-manual-1729-protection-government-processes-tampering-victims-witnesses-or

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 02:24:32 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 02:26:13 pm »
I really doubt he wants it to stop, that's why he hasn't actually ordered his DOJ to stop it yet. A tweet isn't an order, it is a rally cry to his base.  Trump needs this 'witch hunt' to keep going because it creates an 'us versus the swamp' division with his base and he can continue to play the victim. If he really wanted this to end, he wouldn't be tweeting this, he would be sitting down with Sessions in his office.

Is in all likelihood the most probable reason for Trump's tweet, being the Reality TV Star that he really is.  Keeping everyone talking about him is what is most important to such an egomaniac like Trump.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 02:27:03 pm »
We laugh about Mueller going after tweets, but if you or I wrote a letter, called, or spoke to someone who is party in an investigation of us, we would potentially face an obstruction or tampering charge. The only difference here is the mode.

18 U.S. Code § 1512

https://www.justice.gov/usam/criminal-resource-manual-1729-protection-government-processes-tampering-victims-witnesses-or

It would be if Trump were being investigated.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 02:30:12 pm »

Instead, it's an ENTIRELY political hit job on the President of the United States! In fact, the insurance policy spoken of in the Strzok/Page text message exchanges.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 02:33:38 pm »
Instead, it's an ENTIRELY political hit job on the President of the United States! In fact, the insurance policy spoken of in the Strzok/Page text message exchanges.

Since Sessions and, ultimately, Mueller are employed at the pleasure of the executive branch I'm not really even sure it could be called obstruction. Impeachment is what would result.

Of course you are right, its all political bullsh*t.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 02:34:31 pm by skeeter »

Offline ABX

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 02:39:31 pm »
Is in all likelihood the most probable reason for Trump's tweet, being the Reality TV Star that he really is.  Keeping everyone talking about him is what is most important to such an egomaniac like Trump.

It doesn't matter what they are saying about you, as long as they are talking about you- Donald Trump, The Art of the Deal.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 02:49:30 pm »
Apparently Trump does not know that Jeff Sessions has been living at a resort in Belize for the last few months. He flies back to D.C. every few weeks to make an appearance. I doubt Sessions is checking his email or reading Twitter. Why should he? Rosenstein is running everything anyway.

Sessions has 'recused' himself from his whole position. He is just an employee in name only. Now, Sessions is just the guy in charge of pot and illegals. Rosenstein runs everything else.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 02:54:03 pm »
Apparently Trump does not know that Jeff Sessions has been living at a resort in Belize for the last few months. He flies back to D.C. every few weeks to make an appearance. I doubt Sessions is checking his email or reading Twitter. Why should he? Rosenstein is running everything anyway.

Sessions has 'recused' himself from his whole position. He is just an employee in name only. Now, Sessions is just the guy in charge of pot and illegals. Rosenstein runs everything else.

Sessions is also unaware that the scope of the 'investigation' has been expanded all to hell and that he needs to likewise expand his 'recusal' to match.

Offline ABX

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 02:56:28 pm »

Oh, Sessions is busy. He is out there making sure kids don't smoke the marijuanas (which leads to listening to jazz music and cavorting with the wrong types) and taking all their parents property without charging them if they are caught with a joint.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 03:12:49 pm »

Don't forget Asset Forfeiture.  Sessions love him seizing assets without warrants over nothing but suspicion, creating Federal Highwaymen.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2018, 03:24:39 pm »
Considering that the best Stupid Bobby could do in court yesterday against Manafart was citing his wealth as the reason he is guilty, this shitshow needs to be shut down.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2018, 11:48:06 pm »
I wish I could get a job like Sessions. Imagine Apple hires me as lead developer on some futuristic project they have going on. After I am hired, I tell them that I have to 'recuse' myself from my job because I own thousands of shares in Microsoft. So...I couldn't really in good conscience continue to work on this project.

But, But, But, I still want to keep my job and my full salary. I'm sure any private company would go along with that, right? I can't do the job but I still get paid full salary and benefits and I get to keep my office and my position. Yea! Sure! That is completely normal. (in bizarro crazyland world that is)

If you need me, I'll be in Belize. LOL
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 11:48:43 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 12:07:50 am »

The most excellent point @skeeter !!