Author Topic: Tom Steyer’s $110 million plan to redefine the Democrats  (Read 390 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Tom Steyer’s $110 million plan to redefine the Democrats

The billionaire investor is on a collision course with party leaders.

By EDWARD-ISAAC DOVERE

07/31/2018 05:05 AM EDT

Tom Steyer has set plans to spend at least $110 million in 2018, making the billionaire investor the largest single source of campaign cash on the left and placing him on a path to create a parallel party infrastructure with polling, analytics and staffing capabilities that stand to shape and define the issues the party runs on in November.

Steyer is building out an operation that’s bigger than anyone's other than the Koch brothers' — and the billionaire and his aides believe the reservoir of nontraditional voters he’s already activated could become the overriding factor in House and other races across the country.

Yet Steyer’s oversize role also stands to position him squarely against Democratic Party leadership, which has shown little appetite this fall for pursuing one of his signature causes: impeachment.

Unlike the $80 million being spent by Michael Bloomberg, Steyer will put his cash toward building out NextGen America and Need to Impeach, his two growing political organizations, as well as funding clean-energy ballot initiatives in Arizona and Nevada. Steyer has already doubled his initial $20 million investment in Need to Impeach to $40 million and has not ruled out adding more.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/31/steyer-democrats-millions-midterms-751245
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Re: Tom Steyer’s $110 million plan to redefine the Democrats
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 07:47:00 pm »
Interesting that he's bypassing the Democratic Party with this.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 07:49:58 pm »

Maybe he’s not bypassing them, maybe he’s giving them plausible deniability.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 02:42:39 am »
I distrust billionaires immensely
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 03:13:14 am »

It's not interesting at all. The Commies fat cats always fund splinter groups instead of the party. Go ask Soros how well all that money being pissed away on this stuff does.