Author Topic: Patriotism: The Secret of Trump's Success  (Read 682 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Patriotism: The Secret of Trump's Success
« on: July 31, 2018, 11:29:36 am »
American Thinker, Jul 31, 2018, Karin McQuillan

The driving force behind Trump's winning for America is his powerful patriotism.  Patriotism is a virtue that our politicians talk about a lot, in utterly empty ways.  Many Democrats think it is a vice.  The left wing of the Democratic Party mistakes it for white nationalism.  Trump lives American patriotism.  It is the reason he ran for president and the reason he won.  He knows we are a great country.

Trump recognizes and is comfortable with power – his personal power, America's power.  He does not think power is toxic.  He thinks American and presidential power is wonderful and meant to be used for our common, national good.

Our president loves to build.  He used to build big apartment and hotel towers with his name on them.  Now he is building up America, because he loves America.  President Trump's patriotism has these two equal parts: a strong economy and a strong military.  His eye is always on the prize of jobs and security.

Patriotism overflows in his speech on achieving a quarter of 4.1% growth for the economy and the return of fallen heroes' remains from North Korea.

More:  https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/07/patriotism_the_secret_of_trumps_success.html

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 11:54:14 am »
July 31, 2018
By Karin McQuillan

The driving force behind Trump's winning for America is his powerful patriotism.  Patriotism is a virtue that our politicians talk about a lot, in utterly empty ways.  Many Democrats think it is a vice.  The left wing of the Democratic Party mistakes it for white nationalism.  Trump lives American patriotism.  It is the reason he ran for president and the reason he won.  He knows we are a great country.

Trump recognizes and is comfortable with power – his personal power, America's power.  He does not think power is toxic.  He thinks American and presidential power is wonderful and meant to be used for our common, national good.

Our president loves to build.  He used to build big apartment and hotel towers with his name on them.  Now he is building up America, because he loves America.  President Trump's patriotism has these two equal parts: a strong economy and a strong military.  His eye is always on the prize of jobs and security.

Patriotism overflows in his speech on achieving a quarter of 4.1% growth for the economy and the return of fallen heroes' remains from North Korea.

In everything we do, in every action we take, we are fighting for loyal, hardworking, patriotic citizens of our blessed nation.  We're making our country great again.  We're respected again all over the world.  Our military will soon be stronger than it's ever been, by far.

Unlike his political rivals, President Trump wants to use our full power.  We do not need to be intimidated by anybody – not China, not the E.U., not Russia, not Iran, not terrorists.  We are the powerhouse.  Trump seeks to create win-win situations, but he will not compromise on American interests.  If someone is going to lose, it is going to be the other side, not we.

continued at:   http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/07/patriotism_the_secret_of_trumps_success.html

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Patriotism: The Secret of Trump's Success
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 01:39:20 pm »
Whatever else I may think of him, I have never once doubted his patriotism.  And I do believe his patriotism is what drives his agenda as president.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 02:19:39 pm »
July 31, 2018
By Karin McQuillan

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/07/patriotism_the_secret_of_trumps_success.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 02:34:02 pm »
Hopefully the American voter is smart enough to appreciate a president who clearly aims to act in his country's interests (for a change) and aren't so easily led as to withhold their support because of an establishment trope based upon a handful of cringeworthy tweets.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 02:35:54 pm »
You misspelled 'Cronyism'.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 02:38:09 pm »
There's a difference between "Patriotism" and "Nationalism."  One is admirable, the other is a slippery slope...... as history clearly teaches.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 03:45:30 pm »
Whatever else I may think of him, I have never once doubted his patriotism.  And I do believe his patriotism is what drives his agenda as president.

Exactly.  And it's such a stark contrast alongside 8 years of Barack Obama.

Which POTUS loves the USA more?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 03:52:38 pm »

This speech was given by candidate Trump on October 24, 2016 (obviously without the photos and music :) ).  I think this sums up the man and what motivates him @Bigun @DCPatriot

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2qIXXafxCQ

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:53:47 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 12:49:43 am »
musiclady wrote:
"There's a difference between "Patriotism" and "Nationalism.""

Nonsense.

I'm a "nationalist". America first. So there.
(I also happen to be a white guy, too -- does that make it worse for you?)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 02:48:27 am »
musiclady wrote:

Nonsense.

(I also happen to be a white guy too -- does that make it worse for you?)

I really don't know about you.  If you're a racist (I mean a real one, and not the stupid leftist version of one), you're the one who's going to have to deal with it before your Maker, not me.

All I know is that Nationalism usually leads down a very dark path, and America uber alles doesn't sound any better than Deutschland.....

But as I said, your conscience is your own, and not my concern.  MY conscience is what I have to deal with, and I am a Patriot who loves my country with all my heart, but also realize that "God so loved the WORLD...."
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 02:49:30 am by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 01:44:01 pm »
musiclady wrote:

Nonsense.

(I also happen to be a white guy, too -- does that make it worse for you?)

A Nationalist puts the nation state above the individual and individual rights. It is another form of collectivism like globalism, just on a smaller scale. Neither 'nationalism' or 'globalism' is something a Conservative who believes in small government should aspire towards.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 01:50:10 pm »
A Nationalist puts the nation state above the individual and individual rights. It is another form of collectivism like globalism, just on a smaller scale. Neither 'nationalism' or 'globalism' is something a Conservative who believes in small government should aspire towards.

goopo

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 02:06:04 pm »

Thank you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 01:33:12 am »
From Apple's "Dictionary" app:
======================
nationalist |ˈnaSH(ə)nələst|
noun
a person who advocates political independence for a country: a Scottish nationalist.
• a person with strong patriotic feelings, especially one who believes in the superiority of their country over others.
======================

That sounds about right to me -- especially considering that it's coming from as left-leaning a company as Apple.

So... post whatever "definitions" you make up yourself.
It won't change my opinion, and I don't care if you don't like me for doing so.  ;)

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 01:46:54 am »
A Nationalist puts the nation state above the individual and individual rights.

No they don't.   :laugh:

Today's America-firsters understand the essential need for individual freedom and rights and are on the front lines in the battle to take them back from a corrupt oligarchy. 

Offline endicom

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 02:08:53 am »
A Nationalist puts the nation state above the individual and individual rights.

Leftists created that image so to associate nationalism with fascism. That's because leftists are internationalist.

The people founding this country were unabashed nationalists.