Author Topic: Celebrities dive into midterms, hoping to thwart Trump  (Read 367 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Celebrities dive into midterms, hoping to thwart Trump
« on: July 30, 2018, 01:49:42 pm »
Celebrities dive into midterms, hoping to thwart Trump
By Judy Kurtz - 07/30/18 06:00 AM EDT

Many Hollywood celebrities, appalled by President Trump, are ready to dive into the midterm elections. But there's also a sense of caution, and in some cases retreat, after their enormous support failed to push Hillary Clinton over the finish line in 2016.

Sunday marked 100 days until Election Day, and at least one expert on the entertainment industry and politics says the next three months could see an explosion of celebrity involvement.

“I would not be surprised that, given this more highly politicized environment of Hollywood and the frustration of many celebrities of the outcome of the 2016 election, that they would see this as an opportunity to push forward the change they want into the midterm elections,” says Kathryn Cramer Brownell, an associate professor of history at Purdue University.

“Given the experience of the 2016 election, and just in general the changes in Hollywood and #MeToo America, you see more people thinking about, ‘OK, how can I get involved in these issues?’” adds Brownell, the author of “Showbiz Politics: Hollywood in American Political Life."

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/399254-celebrities-dive-into-midterms-hoping-to-thwart-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Celebrities dive into midterms, hoping to thwart Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 01:53:59 pm »
Um, don't these brain dead idiots roll out during every election? They actually turn people off.

Offline Applewood

Re: Celebrities dive into midterms, hoping to thwart Trump
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 02:02:35 pm »
Already, a who’s who of Hollywood have joined former first lady Michelle Obama in a nonpartisan, get-out-the-vote push.

Nonpartisan, my rump.  I've been to events where there is someone trying to register me to vote.  I say I'm a conservative, and they run away from me like I'm toxic waste.  LOL

Anyway, my vote is not influenced by what some celebrity says or does.  Most of these celebs  live in their own world and have no understanding of the rest of us and the issues we face.  They probably don't really know the candidates they are pushing.