Author Topic: America Ignores Africa to Its Peril  (Read 550 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
America Ignores Africa to Its Peril
« on: July 28, 2018, 10:04:06 pm »
America Ignores Africa to Its Peril
by Emily Estelle

While Europe is reeling politically and fracturing from the challenges caused by failing states and terrorism in Africa, America is pivoting away.

The continuing deprioritization of Africa by the current administration is a mistake. Africa is critical to U.S. national security. It is a battleground for many of the issues that will shape America’s position in the world. These issues include the expansion of the global Salafi-jihadi movement, the rise of China, the reemergence of Russia, and the weakening of Europe.

Congress should lead the way and authorize the Trans-Sahara Counterterrorism Partnership, a bipartisan program that requires a comprehensive strategy and a holistic inter-agency approach to address violent extremism in Africa.

Read more at National Interest

Offline goodwithagun

Re: America Ignores Africa to Its Peril
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 10:10:58 pm »
Or we could protect our borders and vet those who want to travel here.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 10:15:04 pm »
This is what I heard as the article details better, Africa's population will explode. I think Nigeria alone stands to have a larger population than the US by the end of this century.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 12:58:03 am »
TomSea wrote:
"This is what I heard as the article details better, Africa's population will explode. I think Nigeria alone stands to have a larger population than the US by the end of this century."

Not sure what The West can do to stop that.
However, what The West COULD do is... "contain it".

That is to say, prevent the hordes of Africa from migrating westward or northward, and let "their population fires" burn themselves out within their own, dark continent...

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 01:20:21 am »
TomSea wrote:
"This is what I heard as the article details better, Africa's population will explode. I think Nigeria alone stands to have a larger population than the US by the end of this century."

Not sure what The West can do to stop that.
However, what The West COULD do is... "contain it".

That is to say, prevent the hordes of Africa from migrating westward or northward, and let "their population fires" burn themselves out within their own, dark continent...

I wonder why all of this demographic change is predicted for the immediate future.....why didn't some of this happen more in the past? I'm not sure.  And before someone mentions Japan as usual, their population replacement rate may not be able to overcome these changes as well. 

A quandary for all.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 02:23:15 am »
This is what I heard as the article details better, Africa's population will explode. I think Nigeria alone stands to have a larger population than the US by the end of this century.

Nature in third world shitholes have a way of limiting population.  Especially in that African shithole.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.