Author Topic: Either John Podesta was quite a Russian dupe, or...  (Read 406 times)

Offline endicom

Either John Podesta was quite a Russian dupe, or...
« on: July 28, 2018, 04:35:13 pm »
American Thinker
Monica Showalter
July 28, 2018

Was John Podesta a Russian dupe?  At a minimum, he was a Russian dupe, based on information from a long, interesting article today titled "How Silicon Valley Became a Den of Spies," from Politico magazine.

Politico points out that the very firm that Podesta was involved with, Rusnano USA (via its Joule subsidiary), is the likely new vehicle for Russian spying these days, effectively replacing the now shuttered Russian consulate in San Francisco.  Politico writes (emphasis mine):

But even with the consulate shuttered, there are alternative vehicles for Russian intelligence-gathering in Silicon Valley. One potential mechanism, said three former intelligence officials, is Rusnano USA, the sole U.S. subsidiary of Rusnano, a Russian government-owned venture capital firm primarily focused on nanotechnology. Rusnano USA, which was founded in 2011, is located in Menlo Park, near Stanford University. "Some of the [potential intelligence-gathering] activities Rusnano USA was involved in were not only related to the acquisition of technology, but also inserting people into venture capital groups, in developing those relationships in Silicon Valley that allowed them to get their tentacles into everything," one former intelligence official told me. "And Rusnano USA was kind of the mechanism for that."

More... https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/07/either_john_podesta_was_quite_a_russian_dupe_or_.html

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/07/27/silicon-valley-spies-china-russia-219071

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Either John Podesta was quite a Russian dupe, or...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 10:16:45 pm »
The word "dupe" conotates fooled or mislead.  I doubt seriously it was either..  $$$$$$
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien