Author Topic: Midterms likely to be most expensive ever as TV ads pass billion-dollar mark  (Read 502 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Midterms likely to be most expensive ever as TV ads pass billion-dollar mark
By Reid Wilson - 07/28/18 06:01 AM EDT

Campaigns, political parties and outside groups have booked or aired more than $1 billion in television advertising, months before voters head to the polls in November in what is likely to become the most expensive midterm election campaign in U.S. history.

In the fight for control of the U.S. Senate, where Republicans hold a narrow two-seat majority, the two sides have already spent a combined $170 million on television spots, according to an observer keeping close tabs on the advertising market.

The parties have another $230 million in airtime booked in key Senate races.

Democrats hoping to win back control of the House have aired or booked more than $135 million in television airtime, while Republicans playing defense have spent or reserved $146 million, numbers that will almost certainly increase as prominent outside groups raise and spend more money.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/399221-midterms-likely-to-be-most-expensive-ever-as-tv-ads-surpass-billion-dollar
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

I'm still waiting for ads from the Republican challenger to Bob Casey.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm still waiting for ads from the Republican challenger to Bob Casey.

Has Cruz run any ads against Paddy Boy O'Rourke as of yet?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Has Cruz run any ads against Paddy Boy O'Rourke as of yet?

Not sure ... seems Trump is throwing some cash towards TX.  The GOP needs to help TX Bigly if they want TX to stay red.  I don't live in TX but by the MSM would have us believe that turning TX Blue could be a real possibility.

Trump sends campaign cash boost to 6 Texans in fight for control of Congress

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/07/27/trump-donations-texas-republicans-congress/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline NavyCanDo

Nothing but the Democrats running ads here in Western WA.  And the message has been one of the following. My opponent supported Trump or my opponent opposes the control of firearms.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn