Author Topic: Sanctuary jurisdictions cry “coercion” in legal battle over public safety funds  (Read 272 times)

rangerrebew

Sanctuary jurisdictions cry “coercion” in legal battle over public safety funds
 By Jennifer G. Hickey   July 20, 2018 7 Comments

Political leaders from sanctuary jurisdictions frequently boast about “resisting” the Trump administration, obstructing immigration law enforcement efforts and opening their arms to illegal immigrants. Unhappy with the consequences of their blatant disregard for federal law, six states and New York City are suing the administration for, they say, trying to “coerce” them into compliance.

On Wednesday, Connecticut, New Jersey, Washington, Massachusetts, Virginia and New York joined in a multi-state lawsuit filed in a Manhattan federal court arguing that the Justice Department is blackmailing them by forcing them to choose between complying with conditions placed on federal funds awarded through the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant program or to forgo the funds.

https://immigrationreform.com/2018/07/20/sanctuary-jurisdictions-cry-coercion-in-legal-battle-over-public-safety-funds/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Let the cry!  I could care less about their crying and I damned sure don't want my tax money being used to subsidize the harboring of criminals!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Sanctuary jurisdictions cry “coercion” in legal battle over public safety funds..."

Yes.
That's exactly what it is.
And... that's the point !

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Let the cry!  I could care less about their crying and I damned sure don't want my tax money being used to subsidize the harboring of criminals!
They should just put a hold on the money to everyone, usually this public safety money goes to anything but public safety.