Author Topic: This may be the biggest shoe to drop from the Trump-Michael Cohen tape (Compst)  (Read 418 times)

Offline corbe

This may be the biggest shoe to drop from the Trump-Michael Cohen tape

Aaron Blake
34 mins ago

Longtime Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg has been subpoenaed, the Wall Street Journal reports. That should come as little surprise; he was invoked twice in Michael Cohen's taped conversation with President Trump about buying the rights to former Playboy model Karen McDougal's story.

“I’ve spoken to Allen about how to set the whole thing up," Cohen says on the September 2016 recording. He adds: “I spoke to Allen about it, when it comes time for the financing. ...”

But that doesn't mean it's not a potentially huge moment. More than anything — more than whether Trump proposed paying cash for McDougal's story or warned against it — this could be what matters on that tape.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/this-may-be-the-biggest-shoe-to-drop-from-the-trump-michael-cohen-tape/ar-BBL6HFE?ocid=ientp

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Bloomberg's Timothy O'Brien spotlighted the potential significance of Weisselberg's implication in the whole thing shortly after the Cohen-Trump tape came out Tuesday evening.

O'Brien would probably be familiar with Weisselberg, since he handled Trump's finances.  In 2005, O'Brien was sued for libel over his book that said Trump was not a billionaire.

Eventually, that led to O'Brien getting access to Trump's tax records as part of discovery.  He's still under NDA constraints not to discuss what he saw.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 01:04:50 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.