Author Topic: House speaker puts Rosenstein impeachment in deep freeze  (Read 843 times)

Offline libertybele

House speaker puts Rosenstein impeachment in deep freeze
« on: July 26, 2018, 05:15:17 pm »
How about a push to impeach Ryan?  I'm trying to remain a lady here, so I'll refrain from spouting how I feel about him.  To make matters worse, the weasel Sessions had to chime in with his infinite wisdom!  9999hair out0000

House Speaker Paul Ryan on Thursday publicly opposed the conservative-led bid to impeach Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, saying their accusations don’t rise to the necessary level of “high crimes and misdemeanors.”

“I don’t think we should be cavalier with this process,” Ryan told reporters when asked about the newly introduced articles of impeachment.

The speaker’s comments splashed cold water on the impeachment push after the articles were filed Wednesday night -- though there were already signs conservatives were dialing back the push and want to use the threat more to pressure the Justice Department to produce documents pertaining to the Russia probe.

Sources told Fox News earlier Thursday that House Republicans were not planning to pursue the impeachment articles before the summer recess......

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., also told reporters Thursday he’d like to see the measure go through “regular order,” meaning through the committee, a process for which the Freedom Caucus often voices support.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions, meanwhile, said Thursday that he has confidence in Rosenstein, and urged Congress to focus instead on immigration.

Justice Department officials maintain they have been responding to numerous document requests...........

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/26/paul-ryan-comes-out-against-rosenstein-impeachment-push-led-by-house-conservatives.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: House speaker puts Rosenstein impeachment in deep freeze
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 05:19:46 pm »
Ryan did the right thing.   We don't need this distraction before the midterms.   Let them impeach his boney rat ass after the elections.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 06:16:01 pm »
How about a push to impeach Ryan?  I'm trying to remain a lady here, so I'll refrain from spouting how I feel about him.  To make matters worse, the weasel Sessions had to chime in with his infinite wisdom!  9999hair out0000

House Speaker Paul Ryan on Thursday publicly opposed the conservative-led bid to impeach Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, saying their accusations don’t rise to the necessary level of “high crimes and misdemeanors.”

“I don’t think we should be cavalier with this process,” Ryan told reporters when asked about the newly introduced articles of impeachment.

The speaker’s comments splashed cold water on the impeachment push after the articles were filed Wednesday night -- though there were already signs conservatives were dialing back the push and want to use the threat more to pressure the Justice Department to produce documents pertaining to the Russia probe.

Sources told Fox News earlier Thursday that House Republicans were not planning to pursue the impeachment articles before the summer recess......

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., also told reporters Thursday he’d like to see the measure go through “regular order,” meaning through the committee, a process for which the Freedom Caucus often voices support.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions, meanwhile, said Thursday that he has confidence in Rosenstein, and urged Congress to focus instead on immigration.

Justice Department officials maintain they have been responding to numerous document requests...........

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/26/paul-ryan-comes-out-against-rosenstein-impeachment-push-led-by-house-conservatives.html
Cavalier?

Does this incompetent man even know there has never in the history of the US been any Bureaucrat impeached?

How does the idiot define the word 'cavalier"?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 06:20:54 pm »
Ryan did the right thing.   We don't need this distraction before the midterms.   Let them impeach his boney rat ass after the elections.

I whole heartedly disagree.  Why wait?  The GOP, especially those in the House need to prove that they are actually doing something about the corruption that's been on display, especially by Rosenstein.  Doing nothing or saying we need to wait to the mid terms is why the GOP is in trouble.  A do-nothing Congress doesn't or at least shouldn't get votes!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 06:26:43 pm »
The  speaker, no matter who it happens to be at a given time, cannot "put impeachment in the deep freeze".

What happened here is that the proponents agreed to back off temporarily
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 07:11:04 pm »
Another example of how the Pubs have failed even though they are the majority.

Other than temporary tax cuts what exactly has the House accomplished?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 07:15:24 pm »
I whole heartedly disagree.  Why wait?  The GOP, especially those in the House need to prove that they are actually doing something about the corruption that's been on display, especially by Rosenstein.  Doing nothing or saying we need to wait to the mid terms is why the GOP is in trouble.  A do-nothing Congress doesn't or at least shouldn't get votes!

:amen:

I'm having a real hard time figuring why I should care if the Pubs keep the majority in the House.  I see the need in the Senate with confirming judges. Congress has failed us terribly and not cleaning out a corrupt law enforcement wing of the govt is just one more example of their inability to govern.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 07:24:11 pm »

I'm having a real hard time figuring why I should care if the Pubs keep the majority in the House.  I see the need in the Senate with confirming judges. Congress has failed us terribly and not cleaning out a corrupt law enforcement wing of the govt is just one more example of their inability to govern.

I belive that is not the correct way to look at the problem. 

If you belive, as I do, that the problem is not too few republicans but too few conservatives we should work to remedy that in our own district. Job one is to stop letting the establishment tell us who our candidates should be in our primaries and that requires us to stop voting for the candidate with the most money in those contests,.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 07:28:24 pm »

:thumbsup:

I would struggle mightily to understand the difference between a dem or Rep house at this point, also @bilo

My biggest fear would be that a dem house would pull Trump toward his natural roots~NY Liberalism.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bilo

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 07:40:29 pm »

If you belive, as I do, that the problem is not too few republicans but too few conservatives we should work to remedy that in our own district. Job one is to stop letting the establishment tell us who our candidates should be in our primaries and that requires us to stop voting for the candidate with the most money in those contests,.

We really don't disagree. It's the liberal Pubs that have killed all the big items. I'll go to the mat for a conservative in my district, or state, but if the candidate is another typical establishment Pub I don't see any need to vote for them just so the Pubs holds the majority in the House.

Offline bilo

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 07:48:49 pm »
:thumbsup:

I would struggle mightily to understand the difference between a dem or Rep house at this point, also @bilo

My biggest fear would be that a dem house would pull Trump toward his natural roots~NY Liberalism.

That fear was the reason I didn't vote for him in 2016.

I think we are so far down the road with the "hate all things Trump" wing of the Rat party there is no chance they will try to win him over. If the Rats had been clever they would have tried working with Trump from the start and tried to win him over, but right from the get go they made it clear they would do everything possible to stop him and embarrass him. One thing about Trump is once you pick a fight with him he won't quit, even after he beats you to the ground he will keep hitting you.   

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 08:07:06 pm »

Exactly. We should all, seek to get the most conservative House Rep. candidate, that can win.

BTW "high crimes and misdemeanors" are whatever the House and the Senate say they are.

My opinion, Rosie withheld information from Congress, for strictly partisan reasons, meeting the definition. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DB

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 08:12:46 pm »
Exactly. We should all, seek to get the most conservative House Rep. candidate, that can win.

BTW "high crimes and misdemeanors" are whatever the House and the Senate say they are.

My opinion, Rosie withheld information from Congress, for strictly partisan reasons, meeting the definition.

That "can win" part is doomed to failure. Aim low, hit even lower... That "can win" justifies all sorts of weak kneed excuses on why we have to settle for another sleazeball when if for once people would just stand firm they might just discover they could have won. But they don't even try due to fear. And every election we're told our futures hang in the balance and that we have to be sure we win no matter what... And in fear people vote for who "can win" and not who should win to really make a difference in the right direction.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 08:19:26 pm »

I'm with you right up to the last three words.   Who decides who can win?  How do you decide that?

Agreed.  And although I have not yet seen the articles, I'm sure that is included.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 10:20:36 pm »
"My deputy Rod Rosenstein is highly capable. I have the highest confidence in him," Sessions said during a news conference in Boston when asked about the impeachment effort against Rosenstein. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/26/politics/jeff-sessions-rod-rosenstein-impeachment-resolution/index.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.