Author Topic: Trump ponies up to stop Democratic House takeover  (Read 311 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump ponies up to stop Democratic House takeover
« on: July 26, 2018, 03:23:07 pm »

Trump ponies up to stop Democratic House takeover

The president is transferring money to 100 House candidates amid growing GOP concern about the midterms.

By ALEX ISENSTADT

07/26/2018 10:00 AM EDT

President Donald Trump is intensifying his involvement in the midterm elections amid rising Republican fears that the party is confronting a November wave.

The president has signed off on plans for his reelection campaign to funnel contributions to 100 Republican candidates running in House and Senate races, the campaign said Thursday. The precise amount is unclear, but Trump is expected to send thousands of dollars to each contender.

And during a meeting with fellow GOP lawmakers on Thursday morning, Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) announced that Trump was slated to appear at a September event benefiting House Republicans, who are trying to protect their 23-seat majority.

Additionally, as part of the financial decision, the Republican National Committee, which Trump has been aggressively raising money for, will transfer $4 million apiece to the National Republican Congressional Committee and National Republican Senatorial Committee.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/26/trump-fund-democrats-house-fight-743416
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: Trump ponies up to stop Democratic House takeover
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 07:07:01 pm »
I know I should be more concerned about the Pubs keeping the majority in the House, but I'm not. What exactly has the House done other than temporary tax cuts and permanent corp. tax cuts. They failed on immigration and obamacare. If the Rats take the House I realize it will be a lot of noise , hysteria and impeachment is likely, but nothing will get done legislatively.

The Senate also has failed in the same way as the House under a Pub majority and I don't think we will see anything meaningful from them if they retain the majority, other than judges. The only reason to want the Pubs over the Rats is judgeships. If that wasn't a consideration I wouldn't care.

The Pub party was given a once in a lifetime opportunity in 2016 and they failed. They aren't capable of leading.

The only reason anything positive is getting done is because of President Trump. He's changed our foreign policy. He's strengthening our trade deals. He's lifted regulations and created a more business friendly environment in the USA.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home