Author Topic: Why should people out of power have clearances, anyway?  (Read 286 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Why should people out of power have clearances, anyway?
« on: July 25, 2018, 10:53:30 pm »
Why should people out of power have clearances, anyway?
American Thinker, Jul 25, 2018, Silvio Canto, Jr.

Years ago, I remember hearing the story of President Nixon's final flight from the White House to California.  The president took off on Air Force One, but it changed to a military flight as soon as President Ford was sworn in.  In other words, the president of the U.S. was no longer on board!

The principle is that when it comes to matters of state, once you're out, you're out.  Put me down as someone who does not understand why former Obama officials have security clearances anyway.  Why do we do that?  You are either in or out, or so I understood.

President Trump should pull the security clearances.  It's even more imperative, given that many of these Obama officials are now partisan commentators, as Jim Hanson points out:

There is a longstanding tradition of granting former officials continued clearance to allow them to be consulted about actions they took and insights they might have.  There is no requirement to do this but when all, regardless of party affiliation, are supposed to be working toward our security it provided a continuity of the institutional knowledge.  That is no longer the case with these individuals.

Read more:  https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/07/why_should_people_out_of_power_have_clearances_anyway.html

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Why should people out of power have clearances, anyway?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 11:04:49 pm »
IMHO they shouldn't!  And the fact that they do is a huge reason the inside the beltway swamp is so damned incestuous.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien