Author Topic: New poll shows Trump approval rating at 48 percent  (Read 634 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New poll shows Trump approval rating at 48 percent
« on: July 25, 2018, 05:48:04 pm »
7/25/2018

President Trump's approval rating among Americans stands at 48 percent, a new poll shows.

The poll from American Barometer, a new joint project by Hill.TV and Harris-X, showed that among those who approve of Trump's job performance, 23 percent did so "strongly" while 25 percent did so "somewhat."

The survey also showed 52 percent disapproved of Trump's performance, with 38 percent doing so "strongly" and 14 percent disapproving "somewhat.” The poll was released on Wednesday's edition of new online video show "What America's Thinking" with Joe Concha.

Dritan Nesho, a pollster and CEO of Harris-X, said the new findings show Trump's favorability ratings have not been hit by the recent barrage of negative news. Trump also remains a polarizing figure ahead of the midterms in November.

“Despite recent events on immigration and Russia, Trump’s approval is sustained by strong economic optimism and his positions on a series of core issues," Nesho said.

The American Barometer poll found Trump enjoyed the approval of 87 percent of Republicans and 44 percent of independents, but only 17 percent of Democrats approved of his performance.

The president also had a majority of approval from men (52 percent), whites (57 percent), adults aged 35 to 49 (54 percent), rural Americans (56 percent), and Southerners (52 percent), the poll showed.

This was American Barometer’s first measure of Trump support, which will be tracked weekly. 

The survey was conducted online within the United States between July 23-24, 2018, among a randomly selected sample of 1,001 American voters.

The results are then weighted for age within gender, region, race/ethnicity, marital status, household size, income, employment, education, political party, and political ideology where necessary to align them with their actual proportions in the population.

http://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/398796-poll-trump-approval-now-at-48-percent
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: New poll shows Trump approval rating at 48 percent
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 05:52:04 pm »
Aside from my belief that Trump is retaining or gaining in popularity, I don't trust polls anymore.

This part is disturbing because it gives the pollsters too much leeway in slanting polls.

"The results are then weighted for age within gender, region, race/ethnicity, marital status, household size, income, employment, education, political party, and political ideology where necessary to align them with their actual proportions in the population."
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 06:00:43 pm »
Aside from my belief that Trump is retaining or gaining in popularity, I don't trust polls anymore.

This part is disturbing because it gives the pollsters too much leeway in slanting polls.

"The results are then weighted for age within gender, region, race/ethnicity, marital status, household size, income, employment, education, political party, and political ideology where necessary to align them with their actual proportions in the population."

They are only polling to see if the 24/7 negative press coverage is having an effect. 

And it is.  It is helping Trump.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 06:04:02 pm »

Polls are just that; a random questioning of a select pool of people.  The major polls in the past two presidential election cycles were wrong, with polls for the last presidential election being wrong BIGLY!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 06:10:52 pm »
7/25/2018

President Trump's approval rating among Americans stands at 48 percent, a new poll shows.

The poll from American Barometer, a new joint project by Hill.TV and Harris-X, showed that among those who approve of Trump's job performance, 23 percent did so "strongly" while 25 percent did so "somewhat."

The survey also showed 52 percent disapproved of Trump's performance, with 38 percent doing so "strongly" and 14 percent disapproving "somewhat.” The poll was released on Wednesday's edition of new online video show "What America's Thinking" with Joe Concha.

Dritan Nesho, a pollster and CEO of Harris-X, said the new findings show Trump's favorability ratings have not been hit by the recent barrage of negative news. Trump also remains a polarizing figure ahead of the midterms in November.

“Despite recent events on immigration and Russia, Trump’s approval is sustained by strong economic optimism and his positions on a series of core issues," Nesho said.

The American Barometer poll found Trump enjoyed the approval of 87 percent of Republicans and 44 percent of independents, but only 17 percent of Democrats approved of his performance.

The president also had a majority of approval from men (52 percent), whites (57 percent), adults aged 35 to 49 (54 percent), rural Americans (56 percent), and Southerners (52 percent), the poll showed.

This was American Barometer’s first measure of Trump support, which will be tracked weekly. 

The survey was conducted online within the United States between July 23-24, 2018, among a randomly selected sample of 1,001 American voters.

The results are then weighted for age within gender, region, race/ethnicity, marital status, household size, income, employment, education, political party, and political ideology where necessary to align them with their actual proportions in the population.

http://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/398796-poll-trump-approval-now-at-48-percent

I believe that most of the 14 percent "disapproving somewhat" will be easy to swing over to Trump over the next few months.  The #WalkAway movement is gaining momentum.  (Thanks, Whoopi et al.)  I also believe that the 87 percent approval by Republicans will go up by five or six points before November, raising the overall national approval by another 2 or 3 points. 

The 38 percent "disapproving strongly" will become irrelevant (beyond continuing to strengthen the #WalkAway movement), since Trump should be riding at 55 percent approval or even higher by November. 

I am predicting a Red Tsunami in November.  (So is Trump, as seen in his plans for a grandiose Veteran's Day celebration.)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 09:31:40 pm »
I believe that most of the 14 percent "disapproving somewhat" will be easy to swing over to Trump over the next few months.  The #WalkAway movement is gaining momentum.  (Thanks, Whoopi et al.)  I also believe that the 87 percent approval by Republicans will go up by five or six points before November, raising the overall national approval by another 2 or 3 points. 

The 38 percent "disapproving strongly" will become irrelevant (beyond continuing to strengthen the #WalkAway movement), since Trump should be riding at 55 percent approval or even higher by November. 

I am predicting a Red Tsunami in November.  (So is Trump, as seen in his plans for a grandiose Veteran's Day celebration.)

I have nothing to go by except my Facebook page.  But most people are discounting all the sordid attempts by the media to smear Trump. 

I think he's more popular than any democrat they have.  They have almost no viable candidates.  Apparently, they are trying to dig Biden up and wrest him away from the Little Girls.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 09:47:49 pm »
I have nothing to go by except my Facebook page.  But most people are discounting all the sordid attempts by the media to smear Trump. 

I think he's more popular than any democrat they have.  They have almost no viable candidates.  Apparently, they are trying to dig Biden up and wrest him away from the Little Girls.

Good comments!  I agree with your take.  And I would add that nobody who ever VEEPed with Obama will stand a chance after Obama gets completely unmasked, as I believe he will be.  (You can bet that Trump is a Birther, even if he pretended to lose interest in the Birth Certificate issue a while back.) 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 10:16:10 pm »
In PoliSci polling history, is the "Bradley effect"

A popular black guy ran for mayor of Lost Angeles. Although ahead in polls, he lost.

The "effect" refers towhat people tell pollsters, versus what they really do.

I believe Trump suffers from the effect. I have been surpprised byassociates at work, friends and neighbors that turned out to be quiet but certain supporters.

The more the democrats, the media demean them, the more resolved their support becomes.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 10:25:26 pm »
In PoliSci polling history, is the "Bradley effect"

The more the democrats, the Never Trumpers and the media demean them, the more resolved their support becomes.

Just made a minor edit for truth.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 12:55:31 am »
Just made a minor edit for truth.
I like.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 12:58:04 am »
I like.

The lost. They cant be reached.